Ninja H2 banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the true top speed of a stock geared, de-restricted, H2 @14k rpm?

Verified, not speedo. I have found the gearing commander website to be inaccurate in the past. Which says 209.2 mph ?

·
Registered
674 Posts
I find gearing commander pretty good, But it does not allow for wheelslip, and you have to measure your rear tire,
at 200mph i would allow a couple of % wheelslip , for me on good salt its between 5 and 8

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I find gearing commander pretty good, But it does not allow for wheelslip, and you have to measure your rear tire,
at 200mph i would allow a couple of % wheelslip , for me on good salt its between 5 and 8
Do you think you get wheel slip on a 90F day, bone dry, great road surface, with a great condition, top quality rear tire?

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
According to Gearing Commander it's 209mph at 14,000 on 18/44 gearing.

As already said, you do need to factor in some slippage though, from experience this is usually at least a few percent as the rear wheel will lose some traction and even the clutch will slip a little. On a good day and on a good surface you'll see 200 though.

Another thing: if you feel confident enough turn off the TC for LSR, I've found it detects the slippage and reduces power. It's faster without the TC interfering but you do need to be more in touch with what's going on between the rear wheel and the track.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Yup, faster you go the more slippage you get
Ever notice how quickly you chew though a rear tire at high speed
I think it was in an article about i read about F1 cars several yrs ago where maximum acceleration was at ~4% wheel slip

1 - 5 of 5 Posts