Ninja H2 banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have finally put my h2 on a dyno and so far I´m happy with the results about the power, or what do you think?
My bike is stock, has 4500km (~2800miles), has a Sprint P08 Air Filter and a Bodis Slip-On exhaust.

A friend of mine also dyno´ed his 2015 GSXR-1000 which had an engine tuning done and complete exhaust system fitted. (before he did the engine tuning he had ~176hp(ps)).

BUT:
As I was also curious about my AFR, we tested that also.
The results were according to the mechanic, that my engine is running way too lean.
As I´m no expert, I wanted to ask for your opinion about that.

The results of the exhaust emission test:
RPM: 3000 - CO: 0,007 HC: 105
RPM: 5000 - CO: 0,002 HC: 22
RPM: 7000 - CO: 0,014 HC: 12
RPM: 9000 - CO: 0,062 HC:12

Lambda continuously: 1,01-1,09

I´m looking forward for some advices.

Greetings from Austria,
Phil

Attachments

·
Registered
247 Posts
Do you have a dyno sheet with the actual afr. Not just sample spot readings. We can offer better advice with more information. The information provided is not adequate to asses your actual state of tune in terms of lean/rich. Also, for some strange reason, your tuner is using an sae correction factor of 1.07. It is clearly shown in the data on the dyno sheets. That number should be set to : SAE 1.00.

·
Registered
247 Posts
212.3 divided by 1.07 = 198.41hp.
Putting your machine dead nuts in the expected 200hp range. Also meaning, if you are in the expected hp range, you are most likely in the expected afr range with just a slip and a filter. Not wayyy lean. But again, a sheet with an afr line and a 1.0 cf will reveal all.

·
Super Moderator
699 Posts
If your bike is stock, then it also contains the stock air-suction valve which allows extra air into the exhaust stream, and the catalytic converter uses that extra air to oxidize a lot of the nasty emissions. It also means the exhaust stream is leaner than what the engine itself is actually seeing (and potentially by quite a bit).

You can only evaluate what the engine is actually seeing, by temporarily plugging the air-suction valve inlet while doing this testing.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Lambda does convert directly to air-fuel ratio when knowing the fuel's stoichiometry, and actually (usually not plain to see) the sensor is really reading lambda, and the "AFR" that's displayed is a conversion that may not take into account the actual fuel.

For example, if you take a methanol-fueled motor to a dyno and say nothing, the air-fuel ratio will read as 12.0 to 1 or something, when actually more like 5:1. Because the operator did not change the conversion factor.

Anyway, if the fuel had a stoichiometric ratio of 14.7 to 1 (could vary according to how much ethanol in it) then that 1.10 to 1.09 lambda would be 14.8 - 16.0 which sure is lean, hopefully this was not at any real power output! If it was an "emissions test" maybe not? But even then, with only a slip-on and stock cat with O2 sensor, lambda should have fluctuated just below and above 1.0, not always been above.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Under power i hope the lambda was closer to .8 , 1 is a good lean cruise number
What was done to the bike to get the power increase ? flash to derestrict ?

·
Registered
674 Posts
HAHAHAHA, i totally missed scrolling down the page on the dyno graph to see one of the 2 runs on the first page was a gsxr 1000 ,

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you for the good advices,
As said, the bike is stock besides the air filter and slip on.

I don´t know anything about this SAE factor, but as some of my friends have been on this dyno, its still a good comparison between our bikes.
Another friend with his stock but SLIP-ON 2017 GSXR 1000 had 193PS 115NM on that same dyno.

About the emission testing, yeah, what was only sample.
They put a probe into the exhaust and measure the exhaust fumes at certain RPM.

Here in austria you are obliged to make this tests every year in order to get the permit to drive on public roads.
It´s one of the test, like if the breaks, lights etc. work!
@Niobium23: As you mentioned that a AFR Dyno sheet would be most recommendable - is that possible with the stock ECU.. or how do you read that out ?

Thanks.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Hey Knips, the correction factor your tuner would be able to take out and set to 0 with about three mouse clicks. I am sure he knows this. Also, he should be able to print you out a sheet with the afr shown as a line along the bottom referencing the rpm range. If you ask him to size it up a bit and leave the afr scale along the left edge, it will give all of us the ability to see and asses the bike much much better. Even a screenshot of it would be fine as long as he doesnt mind doing that for you sir! He should be able to do it without re-running the bike. Just show the data he has for your run in a more clear way.
Cheers and enjoy that machine! She is gorgeous sir!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Forgive my ignorance... but how can you read out AFR values after just beeing on a dyno?
The only "connection" that was done, was to my ignition cable, as far as i know!

thanks
kind regards

·
Registered
674 Posts
The Lambda readings , most dyno software can use the data inputs like your 4 gas analyser , temps etc and show it with the hp and load, just depends how you configure it

1 - 14 of 14 Posts