Ninja H2 banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just took my H2 down to get a new pipe and have the bike tuned for it, the guy was curious so he put it on the dyno to see what it was throwing out.....222.4HP stock!

He is going to give me a dyno print out when I go and get it, it's getting a new akra as well as a new computer and getting each cylinder tuned for the new computer. I will post up the details when I get them, if anyone wants to see the dyno run....

https://www.facebook.com/jamie.l.bezzina/videos/10205219002688178/

Reactions: OneArmBandit

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
He was really impressed by what it was throwing out. He said he had a S1000 on their a few weeks back and it just got to 190HP, unfortunately I didn't ask what year it was. I'm not sure what the rain mode was about, I actually think it might be an error code as he was testing the back pressure etc so he might have disconnected a sensor (you can see a big pipe running down the exhaust). He was after a base reading to compare it to once we start tinkering with it. I sadly wasn't there for it as I had to work, this guy builds drag bikes and knows his stuff. Should get it end of next week....hopefully and I'll post the new dyno report and videos! Watch this space....

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah I bought mine from there and I was gonna get them to tune it but I think S&R is a better option plus its just down the road.

·
Registered
574 Posts
This proves how much dynos vary in their output numbers. The more commonly used models are from Dynojet and Superflow, which is what Akrapovic uses. Their numbers are usually pretty close. On either of those you would expect to see about 193 stock and 215 to 225 when the ECU is flashed and the redline raised. I have had mine done on a Dynojet and the numbers compare close to the Superflow's results. The biggest point here is to compare numbers from the same dyno each time you make a change. If you dyno the bike stock and get 222 and then add an exhaust and go to a Dynojet and find you have 196, then you will naturally blame the exhaust for the loss, when in reality you probably picked up 3 or 4 horsepower! If you do decide to switch dynos, then you need to get a baseline figure on the new dyno before you start making changes. This is a very simple explanation and I am sure that Brock or Don Guhl can explain it better.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's an akra pipe but it's for a Kawasaki versys, that is a long story but basically I ended up with the wrong pipe so I decided to mske it work with that one. It actually doesn't look out of place so I guess it's not too bad. On the dyno discussion, what would you expect a S1000rr to be throwing out? I get that all dynos are different but I've seen the results of a S1000 run so I would think if its reading high/low it would screw the results for the BMW as well?

·
Registered
674 Posts
Jamie would be more used to tieing down a high powered bike for traction, but i think his dyno is a little generous too
all to do with weather correction and calibration, doesn't matter all that much its only a number to compare next time with

the versays pipe will probably be restrictive compared to a pipe designed for a true 250 or so hp
try a zx14 or busa muffler , they will (should) be bigger internally with and longer to keep the noise out of the "attract wrong sort of attention" range

what is he tuning with ? power commander ?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It's a Moristech aftermarket system, it does ignition, timing, ECU and a few other bits and pieces. It is the same kit this guy uses on his drag bikes, the good thing about it is that I can pull it off and reset it all back to stock. This was my main concern with reflashing the ECU.

Back to the dyno discussion (again lol) he said it was throwing out 150hp-180hp until it got warm, he said he needed to turn the fan off to get it to optimal operating temps then it put out the higher HP run. I looked at the rear tyre and it has started to shred as it was creating wheel spin on the dyno

·
Registered
674 Posts
interceptor and splicing it in or plug in like the PC
or a complete ecu package and remove the original

soft tires chew up a bit , i have a medium compound for my turbo bikes when dynoing over 300hp and tie them down real hard

he will probably tie it down more next time

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Complete new package so no cutting or splicing to instal. Biggest issue was mounting the box, no room anywhere to mount that f**ker so it looks like it'll go under the tank and basically on top of the engine. Yeah he said he strapped it down as hard as he could lol

·
Registered
674 Posts
Wow, big job , new dash too or will they talk to each other ?

Going through similar with a gen 2 busa, making a plug and play adaptor for a vipec ecu , time consuming but not that complicated once your familiar with the circuitry

·
Registered
331 Posts
... looks like it'll go under the tank and basically on top of the engine.
Ummmm you may want to get a heat shield on there to keep the smoke from escaping. >:D

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Nah everything else will be stock and it should all talk to the dash etc. I did ask about mounting the box there and I was assured it'll be fine lol

They are heat shielding it but they think it should be fine, this thing is too big to mount anywhere else. It's probably 4" x 3" in size so space was a huge issue.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Nah everything else will be stock and it should all talk to the dash etc. I did ask about mounting the box there and I was assured it'll be fine lol

They are heat shielding it but they think it should be fine, this thing is too big to mount anywhere else. It's probably 4" x 3" in size so space was a huge issue.

Look for space on the left side under the top cover or in the tail where that ridiculous tool kit was. I am putting a Power Commander & ignition module on mine, so I feel your pain. I think either side is better than on top of the engine.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yeah looked at the tool kit but it was still too big to mount there, its reasonably larger than a power commander. We looked underneath the little side top covers against the top fairing but that also didn't seem appropriate. I'll get him to take some pics when they mount it and I'll post them up.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts