Ninja H2 banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
Hope you can help me, got my new H2 just before Christmas and I've had three rides out just getting used to the bike. I've not ridden it for two weeks and started her up yesterday after two weeks. She started a d ran for a minute before cutting out. I tried to start her and a few times it tried to fire but never did. Left it overnight and I'm having the same problem today. Any idea what it could be?
Thank you in advance for your help.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Did you have the bike on a trickle charger? These batteries are the very smallest possible and drain down very quickly. The bike might start, but I would not be surprised if low voltage was not messing you up.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you have the bike on a trickle charger? These batteries are the very smallest possible and drain down very quickly. The bike might start, but I would not be surprised if low voltage was not messing you up.
No never had it on a trickle charger. So stick the battery on a trickle charger for a couple of days ?

·
Registered
43 Posts
had the same problem on mine. charge up battery and never happened again. your bike will most probably register a bad cam position sensor if you run the diagnostic on it...at least mine did. After charging the battery I never had an issue and the battery has been off the charger for over 3 months now and i never replaced the sensor.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
had the same problem on mine. charge up battery and never happened again. your bike will most probably register a bad cam position sensor if you run the diagnostic on it...at least mine did. After charging the battery I never had an issue and the battery has been off the charger for over 3 months now and i never replaced the sensor.
Thanks but how do I run a diagnostics on it ?

·
Registered
574 Posts
Run it by the dealership. There is a connection behind the seat where they can plug it into their diagnostic machine to check for issues. If the problem comes up again, you may want to consider that.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you for all your help so far.
Okay I've let the battery charge and where originally the umbrella was flashing as I tried to start it the dash is showing everything normal, but she still will not fire up! Any ideas before I have to arrang to take her into a dealer?
Thank you

·
Registered
288 Posts
Take it to the dealer to sort out if it is still not starting with a fully charged battery then there is another issue.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just to give an update
RAC came to look at the bike, great bloke spent nearly three hours on it. The bikes flooding ! He's had the plugs out they are sparking he's dried them out and a couple of times it's nearly fired up, but there's so much fuel going in that it keeps flooding. They will drop her off at a dealers next week. Anyone had the same experience ?

·
Registered
577 Posts
Just to give an update
RAC came to look at the bike, great bloke spent nearly three hours on it. The bikes flooding ! He's had the plugs out they are sparking he's dried them out and a couple of times it's nearly fired up, but there's so much fuel going in that it keeps flooding. They will drop her off at a dealers next week. Anyone had the same experience ?
Personally, I would not have let the RAC do any more than transport the bike to the dealer ! It's a new bike and still under warranty - let the dealer sort it !

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes it's off to the dealers Monday but will be Wednesday before they can look at it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Okay dealer has had a look and it was contaminated fuel bike running as it should according to dealer and they hope to drop it back off to me next week with a £360.00 bill.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts