Ninja H2 banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
The P16's holes are approx 2x times as large, allowing particles 2x the size through. And is does not breath as well as the P08 F185. The F185 has many more much smaller holes and breathes almost as well as no filter, with the same filtering ability as the P08. Not to mention that it F185 is waterproof. The P16 was for racing only and not recommended for street use. The F185 is for street and track. It works so well, MotoGP uses them.

·
Registered
18 Posts
K&N

I took the stock air filter out and replaced it with a K&N meant for this bike. Is the F186 better in terms of air flow?

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
I took the stock air filter out and replaced it with a K&N meant for this bike. Is the F186 better in terms of air flow?
I also put in a K&N and there was a no detectable difference. I put in the F185 and the butt dyno could tell but the intake and chirping became much louder. From all the documentation I have read the F185 flows about 3x what a K&N does. Remember the filter is tiny, and free flow is important.

·
Registered
18 Posts
F185 air filter

Thanks for the info. I just ordered one from MotoMillion and they gave me a discount for mentioning that I heard about it from this forum. They (Manny) offered the same to anyone who gets it from them https://www.motomillion.com/products/sprint-filter-p08f1-85-street-performance-air-filter-for-h2-sx-se-pm153s-f185. Not sure what the rules are about advertising... I have nothing to do with the company and nothing to gain by giving the link.
He claimed visible dyno enhancements of around 3 hp from the filter change alone.

·
Registered
409 Posts
I put a K&N in and noticed a difference with the engine giving a loud intake growl under throttle with quicker power delivery. K&N to my knowledge have not been sued for the claims made on the packaging?

The proper way to see if these filters are matched to the H2 is by using a vacuum gauge to show how much restriction there is in the filter. I know the blow off valve sounds kind of cool but it is actually wasted energy and pumping air to any pressure is one of the most inefficient uses of energy because most of it is turned into heat.

As with most changes from stock equipment only those that push the equipment to the limit would be able to take advantage of the money taken from your pocket.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Thanks for the info. I just ordered one from MotoMillion and they gave me a discount for mentioning that I heard about it from this forum. They (Manny) offered the same to anyone who gets it from them https://www.motomillion.com/products/sprint-filter-p08f1-85-street-performance-air-filter-for-h2-sx-se-pm153s-f185. Not sure what the rules are about advertising... I have nothing to do with the company and nothing to gain by giving the link.
He claimed visible dyno enhancements of around 3 hp from the filter change alone.
Here are some pix of a F185 doing it's job.

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Changed the air filter to the F185 yesterday along with an oil change and chain tightening. The bike screams, and I do hear the impeller earlier. That being said, any time the chain gets loose, there is degradation, luckily it was not stretched. Will need to clean it more often as South Central Florida is quite humid and dusty and wont to rust.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Changed the air filter to the F185 yesterday along with an oil change and chain tightening. The bike screams, and I do hear the impeller earlier. That being said, any time the chain gets loose, there is degradation, luckily it was not stretched. Will need to clean it more often as South Central Florida is quite humid and dusty and wont to rust.
Did the butt dyno feel any different?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yeah, I felt it. Especially when I landed up racing a car yesterday after it tried to pass me at about 90 mph, as I watched it become a dot in my mirror. Let's face it, on the road, sometimes we are called up to become teachers.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts