Ninja H2 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone found a way to add a speedo healer to the H2, 2015 ?

The site says no unit available for the H2.

Rhody...

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Are you trying to overcome the 186mph/300kph speed limiter by making it under-read?

The problem is in the way the H2 uses front and rear wheel speed sensors which feed data into the ECU and how that data is processed.

A Speedo Healer modifying the pulse train from just one sensor would cause all sorts of problems, Traction Control for one. It would take a two-channel Speedo Healer, which doesn't exist, slowing the pulses from each sensor exactly the same amount and even then may not work. A reflash would be easier.

It might just work with TC Off and be worth a try if you already have a speedo healer sitting on your workshop bench but I wouldn't go out and buy one on the strength of this advice.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Bob,

Without 2 channels and sophisticated software, the best way as Turtle suggests is onboard GPS. I find it amusing that Kawasaki put a speedo which is 7% optimistic on the H2 in the first place, there was no need to, lol. I just do the math in my head as I ride anyway, no big deal.

Rhody...

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Another quick word on this: If you reflash the ECU on an H2 the bike will be able to exceed 186mph but the speedo itself doesn't read any higher than 189.

It's not a function of the ECU, according to Don Guhl when I asked Brock this question, it's a function of the dashboard software.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Thanks Bob,

Without 2 channels and sophisticated software, the best way as Turtle suggests is onboard GPS. I find it amusing that Kawasaki put a speedo which is 7% optimistic on the H2 in the first place, there was no need to, lol. I just do the math in my head as I ride anyway, no big deal.

Rhody...
I had heard that years ago America made it illegal for a speedo readout to be lower than the speed you're going. (Think of speeding ticket you'd be saying the bike had you speed, and for liability in crashes) this goes for cars as well but they seem to be only a few mph off not like bikes.. So... Manufacturers added in some standard error to keep themselves safe and here we are..

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
When you say it like that Turtle, I understand why they make the speedo's optimistic.

Rhody...

·
Registered
587 Posts
Were you on the green Kawi that waved on RT 4 going south ?
PM me, we will meet for a local ride on the weekend.

Rhody...
I was WITH the green/black Kawi in my profile pick but I was on the matte gray bike, I was actually on my way back from buying gen 5 zx10. I MAY not be able to ride this weekend as I plan to start tear down for flash, fender eliminator exhaust etc but if I don't start that I'm down. Your bike looked nice..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts