Ninja H2 banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi already introduced myself in the newbie board.

I am from the South west UK. Sorting out a few things before putting my money down on a New H2

I have a few questions I though I could ask here as I may be spending loads of time searching over the net for the answers. Apologies if these have been asked already

1) Insurance. I have a quite from Kawasaki UK but was going to call a few other places to get a quote. Any recommendations. i think carol Nash will insure the H2

2) Tail tidy. Any recommendations on a dealer that sells these for the H2

3) Taller screen. As above, Any recommendations on one for a taller chap?

4)Ventudreshield. Again I would like to get this applied but unsure the best place to look for fitting this. Anyone used Ventureshield themselves

many thanks for taking the time to read this. And hoping to get a few pointers to where I can look for a few bits

cheers

Matt:D

·
Registered
43 Posts
Remal Ive gone with the Evotech tail tidy. It seemed to be the cleanest and best fit. Keeps all the wires tucked away nicely. As for the screen Ive gone with the zero gravity double bubble. I think the zero gravity corsa might be a bit taller.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers Sprat, give's me a idea to look into now ;)

·
Registered
52 Posts

I am from the South west UK. Sorting out a few things before putting my money down on a New H2

I have a few questions I though I could ask here as I may be spending loads of time searching over the net for the answers. Apologies if these have been asked already

1) Insurance. I have a quite from Kawasaki UK but was going to call a few other places to get a quote. Any recommendations. i think carol Nash will insure the H2

4)Ventudreshield. Again I would like to get this applied but unsure the best place to look for fitting this. Anyone used Ventureshield themselves

many thanks for taking the time to read this. And hoping to get a few pointers to where I can look for a few bits

cheers

Kawi uk for insurance. you will probably need a tracker fitted. I was 804£ fully comp, 43years old, cleanish licence.
Evotech - superior quality to R&G in my opinion.
I went for the corsa, waited ages but worth it. its about 30mm taller and works well, looks oem.
ventureshield is sh1t. I started with this on a do it yourself kit. They use 3m and it's not optically as good as suntek film which you can buy uk mail order from the importer. I took the ventursheild off, copied the templates by hand, and adjusted with endless bits of sticky tape, then stencilled onto the back of the suntek film. then cut out carefully and applied. for the parts i covered it is impossible to see the film, albeit expect to waste a few sections while you perfect the technique if doing yourself. the mirror finish is not forgiving at all.. I then GTECHNIQ C1 + exo on everything else. Ensure any tank pad or stomp grips are fitted though as they will not stick if gtechniq has been applied. 12 months, 3000miles including europe and half dozen wet days and the finish is perfect.

hope this helps.

chris

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
cheers fort that Chris. very much appreshiated

Kawasaki insurance want a little more from me (£994) but 38Yo, clean licence and riding 10 years. will look at the Suntek Film

Gtechniq, I have a few items of theirs and do use and rate this so cheers for that.

·
Registered
836 Posts

cheers

Insurance) I found Carol Nash was the best quote and I did not have to fit a tracker despite already having the dealer fit one from new as I thought I was going to have to use Kawasaki's insurance. Carol N were still cheaper but it's still silly money due to the" scratch it and scrap it paint process ".

Without a doubt Evoteck for the tail tidy , cleanest looking and you can use the original indicators that I think look the correct size for the H2 .

Cannot help with screen or paint shield .

·
Registered
288 Posts
I had 3M Pro which is a level up from venturshield much thinner so finish is better fitted to my H2 ,finish is good and clear,it is supposed to be scuff proof but where it gets consistent rubbing it does mark.Being a short guy my jacket is consistently rubbing on the tank..Wasnt happy with zero gravity supposed to be flexible well one tab broke whilst fitting ,i also had to get a discount as my screen had foggy imperfections on the edges,bad finish considering the cost of these screens.It also seems to scratch easily even with micro fibre wash pad.

·
Registered
267 Posts
For paint protection film,you won't find anything better than Xpel Xtreme Ultimate,period..IMHO
I modded a Rizoma tail tidy made for a Yamaha and think it suits the H2 perfectly.Was a bit more expensive than the Evotech and the R&G,but I love the results.
You have to be happy,as it's your ride and everyone's taste's are different,so search and pick what YOU like.
Can't comment on the screen,it's ok for me when I'm tucked down. (5ft11).

You will be so happy to own a H2,stock or modded they are a work of art that go like a missile

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
cheers for the replys.

I found a company that locally fits Suntek and Xpel to cars to find out if he can do bikes

Rizoma and Evotech are a good shout as I have a Evotech on my Blade to reply the horrid R&G one I had before.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Answers

cheers

Welcome to the forum ... congrats on a great bike choice :)

1) I went with Kawasaki (ramasis) insurance as they were the cheapest (£1250 for a multibike) of those I checked last year. All insurers will want a Tracker fitted in my experience. Mine's due 2nd April so keep me posted re any good deals you find :)

2) I went with R&G although I haven't fitted it yet. Need to get round to it before the weather improves .... was going to let the dealer do it but they charge a stupid labour rate. Let me know if you go with R&G and if you fit it yourself :)

3) I've kept the original, don't have any issues with it.

4) I had mine detailed and then a ceramic coating applied which seems really good. Only regret is that I didn't get it done earlier as mine has a small chip that might have been prevented by this stuff (or some other protection). Get yours done asap.

Hope this helps :)

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
cheers Brig for that. Any info is better than non

i'll keep you updated if I fit the R&G or get a good deal with insurance

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Found carol nash to be best for me at £920 for a 38yo

paint protection is sorted and just need to look at a tank pad now

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Found carol nash to be best for me at £920 for a 38yo

paint protection is sorted and just need to look at a tank pad now
I ordered a ZZR1400 tank pad from GT Motorcycles and at one-year-old my tank has no marks on it at all. See the thumbnail.

The only aftermarket screens I've seen to far are the Zero Gravity which Calsport stock. I bought the Corsa which is a little wider than the double bubble. Ordered by phone, spoke to Chris and it came the next day. There's a post on this so I won't repeat it all here.

Tail tidy: I just remove the stock one when racing, four bolts and three electrical connectors, takes five minutes.

Insurance: I was with Carole Nash anyway and they have covered my H2. They did have to go away to check with the insurer because of the bike's value but cover was offered. Don't be tempted to undervalue it, they will have grounds to refuse any claim.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
cheers Bob for the reply

·
Registered
170 Posts
... and if you do go for CN read the printed paperwork carefully. Their policy turned up with a value of £15,000 despite numerous agreements on £22,000, and the required address was not on it. They gave me some BS about it being right somewhere else but the system's max is £15,000. I must have spent literally 15 hours on the phone to CN between Dec and March, no kidding. The quote went up from 800, 980, 1240 1400 to over 1600 for a multi bike policy, totally clean lic and no claims. Every time I called they go through a 5 minute ID process then told me I could not speak to the sales guy I spoke to last time ... frickin glad that stage is over.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
well picked the bike up yesterday and wow the ride is great. love the bike. Paint protection has been going on today and ordering up the tail tidy this week.

Reactions: SPRAT33

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
New Screen arrived today and looks ace. Bought it after using others on here.

unsure why m pics have gone from the right way to sideways

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts