Ninja H2 banner
21 - 40 of 45 Posts
Little tire update.Today I went out and railed.They stuck like glue...and were smooth as glass.On this lighter bike,I should see some nicer mileages with these.Just couldn't justify getting the s20 or any other 'softer' tire.Those s20's just don't last.

I've had a set on my 14R now with about 3K or so miles on em...they still look superb;)And I don't pussyfoot around on her either.

Silver where were you buying your tires? Right from the dealer? I was buying I new rear and they wanted $400.00 for the rear only. They told me they would sell it for 300.00 to help me out..... Thanks to 650 and his buddy I got it for 148.00 with free shipping....

You mean...you can't get these in Hong Kong?I can't see why not?These tires ship worldwide.I ripped pretty well yesterday on em.They work great!

Since the Michelin change the distributorship in Hong Kong, the market is not good as before.
Different place will have different request, just like the Pirelli, we use the V2 medium compound(SC 2) for the sport bike(street riding)

Discussion starter · #30 ·
Silver where were you buying your tires? Right from the dealer? I was buying I new rear and they wanted $400.00 for the rear only. They told me they would sell it for 300.00 to help me out..... Thanks to 650 and his buddy I got it for 148.00 with free shipping....
Was it a favor to you or is it something where they are open to selling to other customers? I'd like to purchase a new OEM rear as well.

Discussion starter · #31 ·
Was out on one of my Harleys yesterday from 11am to 11:30pm. Joined up at about 9pm w/ friends who were on sport bikes. Had the Harley because I wanted to spend the day w/ my wife & obviously my H2 is a solo. Problem being even though my Harley is really fast for a cruiser I had issues keeping up w/ the tidy formation especially w/ 2 up & on turns. Thinking of adding a 2 up sport bike so I can take my wife when we ride together w/ my sport bike club --- Question being what would be best option? Thinking maybe of the ZX14?... But is it due for a major update/change? A super charged 14 would earn my purchase it a heart beat.

I don't think Kawasaki will be offering a SC 14 anytime soon.It would be killer.But the reality is now...the 14R is a great bike with all the power anyone street riding could use.And smooth as silk...capable of modding as well...risers...stuff like that to personalize it.Excellent 2 up bike.Great fuel mileage.

Discussion starter · #33 ·
The 14 is a GREAT bike for sure, I've just never been a big fan if the testarossa styling on the side fairing. LOVE the front though. $11,988 for brand new 15's is a great deal though, dunno, maybe.

The OEM rear cost me $175 today w/ free shipping. Compared to what I pay for car tires (although they last much longer) I can certainly live w/ that.

I love my 14 big time! I just got back from a 4100 mile cross country ride from CA to CT over eight days and she is smooth as silk and very comfortable. :)

Reactions: SilverbirdH2
Discussion starter · #35 · (Edited)
Been great riding weather in NY, especially after 7pm. Had dinner in Freeport this evening. LOVE the way the bike sounds now w/ out the muffler. The cat pipe doesn't look good but seeing the whole rear wheel w/ out a swingarm, muffler or bracket on the right side of the bike is to die for. Come on Brock hook us up! Yesterday my wife snapped the below pic. we were on one of my Harleys all day. I've owned that bike (FLSTN) 22 years. So now you know what my ugly mug looks like.

Discussion starter · #37 ·
STRADALE, your stomgrip is black or hollow ?
My Stomp Grip is Black.

Today in NY was brutally hot to ride in the 90s but humid too real feel 100F. We're supposed to be in first "Heat Wave" since July 2013. Real feel Sunday & Monday 105F. The heat really makes you tired. Just got home from 6 hrs on & off the H2 feel drained.

Always wondered what my H2 would sound like with the muffler off.

Today I got to find out;)At the end of a high speed run(still fully into the gas),I was abruptly shocked when my Akra muffler slipped out of the midpipe.GEEZ...the small pipe band had loosened...totally came free of the connection.Looked down,the muffler was hanging down about two inches.(the connector end).And you're riding yours around without a muffler?Pretty darn brave!Just too loud for me and where I live.But it was cool sounding...for sure.It probably wouldn't have separated if I didn't have the DB killer in there.

Discussion starter · #40 ·
Yup, no muffler & sound level is perfect for my preference, love it. The noises it makes now, pops and burbles, feels like heaven after riding around thousands of miles w/ the bike being so quiet w the most gigantic muffler on the planet. It's not as loud as the thousands of Harleys around here running open pipes, it's perfect. Dunno why but Cops just don't harass loud bikes by me. And if I need to go through a neighborhood as long as I'm not on it, keep it in low rpms, level isn't bad at all. I just hope Brock's full system isn't that much quieter.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.