Ninja H2 banner

Softer clutch levers

8K views 22 replies 13 participants last post by  mick46 
#1 ·
Have anyone tried using Brembo RCS16 clutch pump? or the Sato Racing clutch slave? Any feedback will be great.

#2 ·
The 2016 has a very light clutch feel. I installed Brock's clutch springs and it's a little firmer now. I've actually toyed with the idea of getting the Sato Racing Clutch Slave. If I do I'll post up.

.......or you could be the trail blazer.

Probably 2015 owners would be better candidates since the clutch pull is a lot harder.

#3 ·
After the initial period with my 2015 bike, when I did curse the heavy clutch action, I'm more used to it now. The fact that it grips right through to the red line is the top priority for LSR.

Yes, it is still heavy. I would be interested if anybody comes up with a solution. The Brembo clutch master and slave cylinder set-up I had on my Hayabusa was very light, a one finger job and it never slipped.

#4 ·
Bob I bought the RCS 17 for the clutch and front brakes for just that reason. I was going to go with the 2016 set up but IMO there's not enough springs and strength there. The only problem was is that the new masters didn't come with the spot to plug in the actuator switch that's on the bottom of the stock master cylinder.

Reactions: BobC
#5 ·
Changes like these can make so much difference to a bike. My old 'Busa had both Brembo clutch and brakes along with Ohlins suspension and Marchesini mag' alloy wheels. A 200 bhp bike that handled like a 600 and was an absolute pleasure to ride.

#8 · (Edited)
NO Busa ever handled like a 600 cc bike LOL

Sorry to disagree with you but my old Hayabusa was around 50Kg lighter than stock and with those magnesium Marchesini wheels and the Ohlins suspension it was a revelation. Really sweet and light handling and NOTHING like the stock Hayabusa. It now belongs to a friend of mine, still running in LSR and is a +200mph bike. (not a turbo)

#18 ·
Sorry to disagree with you but my old Hayabusa was around 50Kg lighter than stock and with those magnesium Marchesini wheels and the Ohlins suspension it was a revelation. Really sweet and light handling and NOTHING like the stock Hayabusa. It now belongs to a friend of mine, still running in LSR and is a +200mph bike. (not a turbo)
Lovely busa Bob, nice colours, as you know I had a couple too, bring back some great memories. One thing for sure it also was the best bike for pillioning fast spirited riding :D as my wife and I passed sports bikes around corners ha :)
What an all rounder
Jeffro ;)

#10 ·
Haaaaaaa.....Uh huh. Said by Busa OWNERS...how nimble and 600 like they are.

As the rest of the world rolls their eyes and says "yeah ok cool" just to satisfy them.

Or am I just missing the plethora of Busa's at the track ? (I mean circle track, not 1320).

NOLA.

#11 ·
Yes, a well setup visa may handle like an old zzr600 but it doesn't handle like a cbr600rr or an r6. Before you say anything my brother has had one for years and also has a lot of track experience. Maybe when you say "handles like a 600" you should clarify that you are not referring to the top notch track 600's or you will always get these responses:)

#17 ·
Was it a direct bolt up, no perminate modifications to the bike? Did you go good or silver? (Pics) and did you notice if your clutch lever travel got longer due to the bigger piston? Theoretically it should be slightly longer pull with easier effort, but maybe not even noticeable.

#21 ·
For those that have thought about the 2016 clutch, I can 100% tell you it will hold the power. I made 135 passes in the 1/4 mile last year, and probably half those were made with the bone stock 2016 clutch. The rest of the year I had the stiffer springs to be better safe than sorry.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.