Ninja H2 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

This is $12.35 with free shipping with Amazon Prime. Be sure to get a 1/2 to 3/4 adaptor when you do. They are about $9.00 on Amazon or Harbor Freight has a cheap set on sale now for about $5.00.

You can also keep an eye out for the Ducati 46 axle socket, just not sure if the center part will clear the hole in the axle.

Reactions: rapidroy1

·
Registered
211 Posts
Are we sure it's a 46mm? Would like to know, before I order...already ordered a $450 torque wrench....

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually it is about a 45.75 mm, but I had trouble finding that on Amazon.

I don't use a 3/4" wrench, just a standard 1/2" Snap On or Craftsman clicker. Unless you are working on heavy trucks, I can't justify the expense. I doubt the adaptor would change things one percent. We had this argument in a race shop years back and the readings were interchangeable with a 3/8" wrench, a 1/2" wrench, and a 1/2" wrench using a 3/8" adaptor. Even our Snap On guy agreed. I'm sure they like to sell more wrenches, but this is hard to justify. This is not a place where you need the critical strength, but it does need to be on there extremely tight. The manual calls for torqueing to 162# and then to loosen and then retighten to 184#.

Attachments

·
Registered
438 Posts
I can't find the right thread. But is Don going to go on ahead with turning up the s.c.? I would have said something. But my checkbook is hemorrhaging pretty bad.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I can't find the right thread. But is Don going to go on ahead with turning up the s.c.? I would have said something. But my checkbook is hemorrhaging pretty bad.

Rapid, we feel your pain, my check book is still in a recession too, and my kids don't help it.

No commitment from Don yet, and I am sure everyone will want to know what to expect before they commit to a big change that gearing would involve.

Reactions: rapidroy1
1 - 6 of 6 Posts