Ninja H2 banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So they've neutered the H2 down to 190HP, they've taken orders for so many it's about as 'exclusive' and 'limited' as a base model Honda Civic, all the hype about the bike has been just that. Regardless of whether or not you care about it, they're openly lying about the coming '16 model many of us were promised would never happen. They forced Akropovic to pull their dyno graph proving not only is the bike not underrated, it's over rated. They limit the 14k+ Rev clock we all have wallpaper of to 10 and a half grand. Everything that was implied, anticipated or expected is a total bust and it's been so clipped, you're all forced to start figuring out how to re-engineer the bike (and void your warranty) before it's even been delivered? What did you pay almost 30K for? A project?

Not to mention giving Gadson an un-neutered H2 in order to mislead everyone was the biggest act of fraud ever perpetrated by a marketing department ever. Hybrid my backside. More like a Liebrid.

And you're all just gonna take it? Nobody's gonna pick up the phone and express displeasure? Not a peep out of the people who've been defrauded? No wonder Kawasaki has remained silent - they think you're all content. If I bought a Hellcat and all they gave me was the valet key, I'd refuse it. Why are you guys accepting this? I'm truly curious.

·
Registered
787 Posts
So they've neutered the H2 down to 190HP, they've taken orders for so many it's about as 'exclusive' and 'limited' as a base model Honda Civic, all the hype about the bike has been just that. Regardless of whether or not you care about it, they're openly lying about the coming '16 model many of us were promised would never happen. They forced Akropovic to pull their dyno graph proving not only is the bike not underrated, it's over rated. They limit the 14k+ Rev clock we all have wallpaper of to 10 and a half grand. Everything that was implied, anticipated or expected is a total bust and it's been so clipped, you're all forced to start figuring out how to re-engineer the bike (and void your warranty) before it's even been delivered? What did you pay almost 30K for? A project?

Not to mention giving Gadson an un-neutered H2 in order to mislead everyone was the biggest act of fraud ever perpetrated by a marketing department ever. Hybrid my backside. More like a Liebrid.

And you're all just gonna take it? Nobody's gonna pick up the phone and express displeasure? Not a peep out of the people who've been defrauded? No wonder Kawasaki has remained silent - they think you're all content. If I bought a Hellcat and all they gave me was the valet key, I'd refuse it. Why are you guys accepting this? I'm truly curious.
Its the greenness, the meanness, the supercharged business....Looks like the shard, hard, not lard.....single sided arm, calm, sweaty palm...sharp not blunt, used to hunt, Any non Kawasaki riding LaLa...............

·
Registered
278 Posts
Couldn't agree more. Can't just find ways to remedy things with the bike on our own, need to have it set straight from the source, Kawi. As nice as it would be to hear what they have to say and possibly do, it might take some serious joint effort to make it really happen and soon. Things might have to start getting really bad before they address it.

·
Registered
210 Posts
At this point I have no reason to suspect that it won't deliver all the things you say it won't.

I do expect the motorcycle magazines will have a hayday if it falls as short of expectations as you expect. I'm not saying you're wrong - I'm saying that until it's delivered it's all speculation. one thing you've said is true. kawasaki's reputation is on the line. It needs to be 'Built Beyond Belief.'

I know this. I made a commitment to buy the bike - and so far everything is exactly as I expected it to be.

Quite honestly, you clearly got all amped up on hype and rumour - and now you're all amped up on rumors again. If that works for you fine - as for me, I'll wait and see what happens.

A short story. I was driving with a group of friends on a highway trip. 8 of us all in Ferrari's, Lamborghini's, Porsches and I was in an NSX. We got tailed by a small town cop so we started driving in circles through town. He still followed us. So we pulled over to ask him why he was following us. He said 'it looked like you were thinking of speeding'. No facts, we didn't speed - we followed all the rules of the road but he thought 'it looked like we were thinking of speeding'.

Unlike that cop, I can wait for the truth. It's coming. Good or bad.

BTW, I really like the limited edition Ducati. It's like last years limited edition, and like the one from the year before. It's probably like next years too. If I don't like the H2, I'll bitch and whine a bit - sell it, and buy what I probably should've bought to begin with - the Duc.

Greg

Reactions: Bazza

·
Banned
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Quite honestly, you clearly got all amped up on hype and rumour
I absolutely did - but only the hype and rumor provided by Kawasaki and their network of dealers.

What I'm mad about is no longer rumor. In fact, the reason I'm mad is that everything I was told by Kawasaki to part me from my money has been proven demonstrably false.

Please, don't take my word for it - pick up the phone and ask Kawasaki directly. Tell them what you expect based on their advertisement of the bike and ask them if they're going to deliver. No generalities. No letting people believe something that isn't true. It's time to deal in absolutes.

The possibility exists. Right now. This can still be fixed. What it's going to come down to is the users of this forum putting away their blind faith and picking up a telephone. Or would you prefer to wait until you're out $30K and then try to do something about it?

·
Registered
587 Posts
kawi said it made 200 at th crank that should be 170 to 180 hp, I ilways felt like everybody saying Kawi was obviously lying about the bike having this total... It must be 250 I kept hearing.. You misinterpreted the limited thing but the hp was clear as day. They never said any more than 200 hp..
As for the Rickey gadson stunt I hear you.........

·
Registered
577 Posts
My personal 2 pence worth ...............

I'm buying a H2 based upon what I was told by Kawasaki - the exclusivity, limited run, the power figures, the performance, the supercharger etc...

Am I fussed if Kawasaki bring out a 2016 model or if the power isn't quite what was expected - no, not at all.

I'm 50, I don't know how many summers I have got left to ride bikes and I'm not letting stuff like this get in the way of riding a bike and putting a smile on my face !

·
Registered
210 Posts
I prefer to wait until I'm out $30k then try to do something about it. That is presuming there's an issue of some sort.

Happy now?

You might like to know that I'm thrilled I bought the bike and I can hardly wait to bring that baby home!

Greg

Reactions: als 15 h2

·
Super Moderator
699 Posts
I'm, itching to get mine ... restricted or not.

I knew it was going to be restricted. There's more to a bike than just the horsepower number. One of my favorite bikes has 12 horsepower.

190-ish hp at the rear wheel is still plenty healthy for a street bike.

·
Registered
473 Posts
The graph put out by Akro was 195 RWHP which means in excess of 200 BHP. That is still up there with the top three or so bikes making the most HP from a production unit. I think it is great and what's even more important is how the power is delivered. Will the H2 be the fastest production street bike despite it's weight? I thinks so based on power delivery, transmission, quick shifter, etc.

The bike is still going to be limited even if Kawi opens it up for sale again, now or in the future. Either way this bike is going to Rock and I have purchased one of only two sold in our state. I'm "beyond excited" and can't wait to receive it.

Did Kawi over hype the bike, oh ya! Great job by there marketing department. But what products are not over hyped to sale them these days. Go look at he videos on the Polaris site for the Slingshot and tell me they are not "Hyping up" the slingshot.

I am curious H2R, did you cancel your order and if so did they keep your "Non refundable" down payment? If you were refunded your money back then your right, your dealer and Kawi are lying Son's a Guns.

·
Banned
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
This is honestly the most depressing thread I've ever read. No wonder Kawasaki knew they could get away with this. You guys are pushovers. Can't believe a bunch of dudes buying a blown motorcycle turned out to be this big a bunch of p*ssies. If owning a shiny neutered hype-bike weren't humiliating enough, to think I'd have to be lumped in with this lot to boot. F that.

Screw the deposit. They can keep it.

·
Registered
82 Posts
H2R, there truly is nothing left to be said, please go cause misery in some other aspect of your life and spare us your attitude and name calling.

This is honestly the most depressing thread I've ever read. No wonder Kawasaki knew they could get away with this. You guys are pushovers. Can't believe a bunch of dudes buying a blown motorcycle turned out to be this big a bunch of p*ssies. If owning a shiny neutered hype-bike weren't humiliating enough, to think I'd have to be lumped in with this lot to boot. F that.

Screw the deposit. They can keep it.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Wasn't your 'last ever' post last week?

Do you mean to say that you didn't tell the truth? Maybe you just said that for emphasis. Don't know. Don't care.

For the record, Kawasaki has yet to lie to me, or to under deliver. Full stop.

Greg

·
Registered
69 Posts
FFS, enact a f**ing Fatwa on them man. Did the marketing guy steal your girlfriend? I would in that case.
@H2R, unless I have missed it, and more than likely have, what did you want from this bike? .... and why?

To me, it's a nice bike. Looks pretty quick. Wow....supercharger....Kawasaki is cool...I have 2...a ZX-12R and 2014 Z1000..... to me, if I rode one and it made the former feel slow, I would be impressed. My S1000RR is pretty quick but when I jump on the 12, I don't feel like I am losing anything. Am sure the H2 will compete well.

Personally can't think of a problem here since it hasn't been tested against the rest and if per chance it competes with the S1K, that makes for a pretty cool bike.

Rock.

·
Registered
473 Posts
H2R, it goes back to what you perceived as absolute truth and proposed hype. How is it that the majority of us understood the hype and what we were getting into and put a deposit down anyway.

You apparently have a comprehension problem, see if you can comprehend this: I'm more of man than you will ever be. Admit your wrong and you will be taking a step in the right direction towards manhood. :cool:

·
Registered
554 Posts
Perception is and forever will be what is known as a bitch...

Lets think about this for a second. Advertising sells not products and not an opinion of yourself, but sells opinions of others. Advertising by design shows those who didn't buy just exactly what type of person does buy.

In this instance, what it would seem is that our friend is not upset with the bike but upset with Kawasaki because the image they're selling to the have nots does not square with the image he wants to sell them himself.

He's worried that the H2 paints him as a pushover, a *****, a battered wife. How do I know? Well for one he's projected them onto us, and second the 'issues' with the bike are not 'issues' with the bike. HP figures (for a guy who wants to flash seems strange, but I digress) and production totals do not in any way shape or form impact the function of the motorcycle, just the perception of function...which means in this case the 'value' or lack of value in our friends case has become fetishized. Concerned not with having, but with being. The object as integral to underpinning identity... (this is why marketeering works)

You have every right to NOT purchase, just as all consumers have the right to or not to. You do not have a right to expect others people actions to square with yours, doubly so you are not entitled to any form of outrage when the crowd rejects your opinions and beliefs as irrelevant to their opinions and beliefs.

You've made your choice, be content with it, own it. You will forever be defined as the sum of your actions, yes, but keep the sanctimonious song to yourself. Its better to be silent and thought a fool then to open your mouth and confirm it.

You know a thing or two about a thing or two, BUT you don't know a single THING about any other individuals opinions and motivations. Thats a fact jack...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts