Ninja H2 banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I raced my H2 for the first time at a local 1/4 mile sprint here in Jersey - for those that don't know, a sprint is a race over 1/4 mile from a standing start, against the clock, on a closed road. Our course here runs through an 's' bend which drops away as you go through - so times are not really comparable with dragstrip times.

I found the H2 very difficult to launch off the line hard - I've not had enough time to learn how to use the launch control so that was switched off. It just proved difficult to balance throttle/clutch and get it 'just right'.

And then, even with traction control on 3-, the front wheel spent most of it's time hovering just off the ground which is not what you want through a corner !

In the end, my fastest time was 12.54 seconds with a speed across the finish of just under 125 mph. I only managed to get full throttle about 100 yards before the finish line !

In comparison, the fastest time of the day in my class was set by a Honda SP2 at 11.74 seconds - he was able to use pretty much all of the power of his bike all the time...........

A good chance to learn a bit more about how the H2 performs, I was getting quicker on every run and will be back to have another go later in the year :)

·
Registered
574 Posts
Pebble35, that sounds a lot like my experience with the H2. I had to make licensing runs at a new track in 25 mph increments. Going 125 was easy, I just idled off of the line, 150 was not much different. Getting to 175 took a much harder start and that's when things got interesting. As I have said here before, 4th gear wheelies let you know this isn't your father's motorcycle. This thing almost humbles me back to when I was learning to ride, it is just that much faster.

Can you describe the sprint races a little more, I have heard about hillclimbs and sprints over there, but I am not familiar with the layout and how they are run. Is it a timed event against the clock, or are you running next to someone else?

Reactions: ben1000z

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pebble35, that sounds a lot like my experience with the H2. I had to make licensing runs at a new track in 25 mph increments. Going 125 was easy, I just idled off of the line, 150 was not much different. Getting to 175 took a much harder start and that's when things got interesting. As I have said here before, 4th gear wheelies let you know this isn't your father's motorcycle. This thing almost humbles me back to when I was learning to ride, it is just that much faster.

Can you describe the sprint races a little more, I have heard about hillclimbs and sprints over there, but I am not familiar with the layout and how they are run. Is it a timed event against the clock, or are you running next to someone else?
It's one bike at a time - against the clock

Here's some on board video footage from another competitor today

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nh5fyj28bl8&feature=youtu.be

·
Registered
126 Posts
when i took my H2 to the drag meet about 2 weeks ago, i got 150 mph almost every run.. but my best time was with launch control on 1 and traction control on 1-.
when i did an attempt without launch control, the first thing it did was spin the back wheel side ways... lol.. but i think thats cause the tyre wasnt fully warmed up..

·
Registered
539 Posts
Fingers crossed this works (I'm not that good with google maps !)

https://www.google.com/maps/@49.1923315,-2.2273268,18z

The star should mark the start line, the course runs north for 1/4 mile. then about 1/4 mile to slow down and pull into the pits
Didn't work out for me unfortunately. I think at times some map features can't be linked to instead only using during the time you're using them.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I'm told there's a Ninja H2 which was running at either Smeatharpe or Weston Zoyland in an NSA Southern sprint (UK). Not sure what his best was but my friend who went thought it was low tens.

Haven't tried launching mine really fast yet, not really needed on a one-mile LSR track and even then I was fighting wheelies in the first four gears.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I received my H2 in March of this year. I have been reading this blog and I find some things that are disturbing. Let me explain. There are owners that complain, its not fast enough, it is too much money, , it is too heavy, the paint streaks, and so on and so forth.
All I have to say is that I really do not care if it is the fastest bike on the road or that is too heavy..... In my opinion this is the best looking motorcycle and is has enough speed to make me smile. It has some amazing technology and really is built beyond belief.
Everything about this motorcycle is absolutely perfect.
Yes I know I will get the haters to respond sarcastically but thats OK have fun.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I received my H2 in March of this year. I have been reading this blog and I find some things that are disturbing. Let me explain. There are owners that complain, its not fast enough, it is too much money, , it is too heavy, the paint streaks, and so on and so forth.
All I have to say is that I really do not care if it is the fastest bike on the road or that is too heavy..... In my opinion this is the best looking motorcycle and is has enough speed to make me smile. It has some amazing technology and really is built beyond belief.
Everything about this motorcycle is absolutely perfect.
Yes I know I will get the haters to respond sarcastically but thats OK have fun.
yes, we buy it because we like it, cheers

1 - 13 of 13 Posts