Ninja H2 banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I will be getting a 2018 H2 Carbon (switching from an 2011 ZX6R), and I wanted to know - if I were to consider replacing the factory OEM Exhaust on the 2018 H2 Carbon with the one from Austin Racing - GP1R BLACK TP WITH CARBON CAN (KT68) - Slip On, does it require ECU / Flashing / Power Commander? Or can I live with just installing slip-on and going about my days and riding? Any issues with the bike's performance / maintenance that I should be on the look-out? In the first year of ownership - if there is any warranty issue- will Kawasaki deny me or problems dealing with them?

Link to the after-market exhaust add-on is: Ninja H2 Slip-on - Austin Racing

Just so you know: I am not racing individual, or a "show-off" individual / or someone who takes this street bike on tracks - just want a nice sound and something prettier to look at (compared to the standard OEM exhaust).

Future (in 1 or 2 years / Summer 2019 or 2020) - I might get a full exhaust system, I am still trying to understand everything to do with tuning - Dyno, ECU Flashing and Power Commander. But first I need to "fill" my wallet back up. :) I been reading that full system requires all the flashing stuff to "make it work".

But if I have a working slip-on, I might entirely back-off from a full system.

Thanks in advance for the replies from other members.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Welcome!A slip on isn't gonna make an appreciable difference performance wise with the factory sound canister on there.Probably be just fine stock tuning.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome!A slip on isn't gonna make an appreciable difference performance wise with the factory sound canister on there.Probably be just fine stock tuning.
Hi h2madness!

Thanks, excited to be here and get on the H2 Carbon.

So, with the Austin Racing's slip-on, I don't need to tune huh? What about the bike running too lean or making "pop" noises (which I experience with my ZX6R after putting on just a slip-on /w cat delete and no flashing / ecu / power commander) ?

Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
I doubt it'll run too lean.They're pretty fat from the factory.You MAY get a small amount of pop.IDK.The muffler hides that really well.Your slip on is gonna reveal that.Probably.A bit.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Hi h2madness!

Thanks, excited to be here and get on the H2 Carbon.

So, with the Austin Racing's slip-on, I don't need to tune huh? What about the bike running too lean or making "pop" noises (which I experience with my ZX6R after putting on just a slip-on /w cat delete and no flashing / ecu / power commander) ?

Thanks again.

No “pop” until you get the full system, install and enjoy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
142 Posts
Hi.

I'm running a Spark can from Brock. There is a noticeable difference in sound. It is louder than standard but not obscene at all. As for performance, I never noticed any difference in how it ran between the standard can and the Spark. There was no popping either...

I did notice a difference after I disconnected the exhaust valve and wired it open, that I can now hear pops with gear changes (with the quick-shifter) but no popping on deceleration. I can also now hear the traction control intervene, which I never heard with even the exhaust valve connected.

As for warranty, my dealer said it would be void unless I bought the Akrapovic designed for the bike.

I have a 2015 and have ridden for 2 years with the Spark.

·
Registered
104 Posts
can is optional mostly, but buying a 240wrhp to use only 200 is kinda dumb.... from facotry the secondary butterflies start closing at 10.000 rpm, after a flash it will stay wide open all the way to 13500, 14000 or the amount of rpm you need to satisfy your soul....

The difference 0-10000 rpm after any flash is very hard to notice.. but 10000-13000 is just another bike!! Be ready for wheelies in 4th and 5th if you dont setup wings or something.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have the Spark can from brock and did a cat delete. sounds amazing and certainly had to be flashed. Got my flash from Guhl prior to that I ran it on the dyno and it was super lean... issue was corrected with the flash. My guess is that if its only a slip on you should be fine.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the replies ...

Thanks everything for all of your replies.

I'll think about and see what course I want to take.

Now, Nutter34, you mention that you use Brocks' performance. I was looking into that company as well, particularly - the H2R replica exhaust system (which I like, and it is a clean look) - if I do go down the road of obtaining a full exhaust system - H2R replica is on top of my list :).

Talking to a sales rep from them - for information purposes - they don't know when an ECU / Power Commander will be made available for the 2018 version of the H2 bike, as Kawasaki might have changed some technical parameters - if not otherwise, it could be close to 2017 version of the bike. Either way, their recommendation is to wait it out.

Any additional thoughts?

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
If they told ya that,probably wise to wait then.Since Don Guhl does the flashes,he most likely knows there's something different.Interesting to find out what it is...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts