Ninja H2 banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Brock,

I need an exhaust. As previously stated I'd like to keep my stock system intact and just buy an entire replacement. Would be 1000000% happy with a stock downpipe replica. I can't really wait any longer. If something is coming, I might hold out a bit but otherwise I gotta start looking for alternatives.

A) Are you getting close?

B) if not, would you/could you make me just a stock H2 down and mid-pipe replica?

Have cash, will travel. Just need the parts. Happy to loan you my stock setup if you need it.

Thanks!

·
Registered
574 Posts
This is a limited production bike. They sell more GSXR's in the US in one month, than H2's in the whole world, in a year. Expect a long wait for an improved exhaust. You can be impatient but it just does not matter, it is just a matter of economics.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is a limited production bike. They sell more GSXR's in the US in one month, than H2's in the whole world, in a year. Expect a long wait for an improved exhaust. You can be impatient but it just does not matter, it is just a matter of economics.
Thanks for the condescension and re-statement of the obvious. It's been cloudy here for a while, perhaps you could remind me what color the sky is?

I don't want an improved downpipe. I don't need an improved downpipe. I can't use an improved downpipe. I just want a non-destructive way to change my exhaust. I don't really care what it costs. The time wasted trying to out-do Kawasaki Aerospace's exhaust design could be turned into actual "profit" making replica down and mid-pipes.

If Brock can't/won't do it, can someone else? Please?

·
Registered
787 Posts
Sorry for my re statement of the obvious but I have put a web site address of a man that has an argon welding facility and who has worked on Lewis Hamiltons F1 car. These titanium headers are Rolex watch quality and I'm led to believe they cost in the region of 10,000 euro ,$7,000 and are not even available to buy. Its a fact the only added expense between our H2's and the H2R is the exhaust and upper cowl and winglets ( not withstanding the loss of a headlight unit), this is $20,000 worth of titanium and carbon fibre.
An Austen ( ozcraft.co.uk ) exhaust would be to the H2 what a kerker was to an Eddie Lawson.
I wish you luck with your book , "How to make friends and influence people."

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry for my re statement of the obvious but I have put a web site address of a man that has an argon welding facility and who has worked on Lewis Hamiltons F1 car. These titanium headers are Rolex watch quality and I'm led to believe they cost in the region of 10,000 euro ,$7,000 and are not even available to buy. Its a fact the only added expense between our H2's and the H2R is the exhaust and upper cowl and winglets ( not withstanding the loss of a headlight unit), this is $20,000 worth of titanium and carbon fibre.
An Austen ( ozcraft.co.uk ) exhaust would be to the H2 what a kerker was to an Eddie Lawson.
I wish you luck with your book , "How to make friends and influence people."
Yes but you DO realize this bike is limited and that they sell more Civic Type R's in a day than they will of Ninja H2's EVER? Thanks for the tip on Lewis Hamilton's guy. I posted a video of a small Malaysian man with a replica H2R pipe everyone wants (it even has a removable baffle) that's mig welded and pretty shoddy. I'm pretty sure he can't even pronounce Lewis Hamilton and it's not for sale either.

Good luck with your book 'How to talk a lot and not really add anything to the conversation'.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Thank you for kind post Mr been around 17 days with 17 posts. Replica means something looka likey. Exact Replica is worded like a contract. i.e. same materials and dimensions. Good luck putting your hands on a H2R exhaust in the first place then finding some one with the ability, equipment and reputation.

I'm Surprised the bikes that rare, we have two already in Bournemouth.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I've been duly impressed by the quality of discussions I've read on this forum since I joined shortly after I got my H2. The collective makeup of the membership per these discussions seems to me as if you all are a cut above the general populace. May be that is "condescending" to the "general" populace but that's my take.

So, it's surprising to me this particular thread seems to have devolved into a tit for tat between seventh grade girls. C'mon guys, kick it up a notch, please!

·
Registered
574 Posts
If you truly just need a replacement exhaust without regard for cost, you can call Jason at RPM Cycle https://www.facebook.com/pages/RPM-Cycle-Performance/120513874669440 . I am sure that for a price, he will make you a one-off system. If you want it developed and maximized, that would be a whole other situation and a lot more cost. Part of the problem which I "kindly" tried to phrase earlier, is that no one can afford to r & d a product that just won't sell enough to recoup their investment. Also, most builders don't want to sell you a system for $2000, $3000, or $4000 and then not have it even perform as well as the factory system - that hurts their reputation when someone mouths off that he bought a "XYZ" pipe and it made the same horsepower as stock. In countries where the labor might be lower, you might get a cheaper pipe, but here in the US, I think you would need to budget $75 to $100 per hour for a skilled welder/fabricator, plus materials and overhead.

Put yourself in any manufacturer's position. If you could be developing an exhaust for the new Yamaha M1 and possibly sell 100's of pipes, or develop a pipe for the H2 which might sell 4 or 5, which one would you put your money developing? I really don't see anyone but a specialty shop that has the extra time and labor to do a one-off.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Imo if Kawi would hurry up and announce/admit that ordering periods in subsequent years are imminent. (Again Imo) if for some odd reason they stop building new ones there very well could be a freeze on aftermarket accessories due to all the reasons Edinir pointed out above. Presently it's a very big gamble for these companies.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Jason at RPM? HA!! Have you dealt with him in the last 2-3yrs? You have to wait at least 6-8mos to get a basic turbo kit&when it arrives theres all sorts of issues. Good luck with getting him to make or develop anything....He is the last person I would trust with my money.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Why is it so impossible to find somebody to do a little weld work for bikes? 10 years ago I could've gotten this done inside a week, it would've been a piece of artwork and cost nearly nothing. Now I can't get anybody to play ball at any price.

Anybody here live near Canoga Park? FabTech at Canoga and Roscoe could probably do it - and it'd be epically pretty. I used to have them do my exhausts when I lived there. Get them to price out a group purchase and we'll divide the cost of whoever does the leg work's system so they get theirs for free. I'd be in for that.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Jason at RPM? HA!! Have you dealt with him in the last 2-3yrs? You have to wait at least 6-8mos to get a basic turbo kit&when it arrives theres all sorts of issues. Good luck with getting him to make or develop anything....He is the last person I would trust with my money.

I guess it depends on what you use him for. I have heard some of those same stories, but I have also seen a lot of his work. I think he went through some problems with his partner a few years back. I have used him on a number of projects and have been very happy with his work. Since he is local, reasonably priced, works within my timeframe, and has treated me honestly and fairly, I will still hold by my recommendation. If you can find someone local, that is always your best option.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.