Ninja H2 banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Have an Akrapovic CF slip-on on order (mid May)
Contacted Broc's, Woodcraft, Heli-bars, Yoshimura, Sato for add-on's, no dice...

Must haves...

Frame sliders
Decent undertail, no homegrown solutions
Paint protection, read all the threads on it, still on the fence, speaking to the 3M detail guy when I get H2 next week
Better air filter
Mirror block off plates
Bar-end mirrors

Would be nice...

Higher, wider bars
Auto-blip downshift
After market rear-sets
Front axle spools

It will be interesting to revisit this thread from time to time to see if and when any of these items become available, I will report and check off when they do...

Rhody...

·
Registered
867 Posts
Have an Akrapovic CF slip-on on order (mid May)
Contacted Broc's, Woodcraft, Heli-bars, Yoshimura, Sato for add-on's, no dice...

Must haves...

Frame sliders
Decent undertail, no homegrown solutions
Paint protection, read all the threads on it, still on the fence, speaking to the 3M detail guy when I get H2 next week
Better air filter
Mirror block off plates
Bar-end mirrors

Would be nice...

Higher, wider bars
Auto-blip downshift
After market rear-sets
Front axle spools

It will be interesting to revisit this thread from time to time to see if and when any of these items become available, I will report and check off when they do...

Rhody...
Naaaa too much for me man..... This is one girl where less is more. Under tail fender delete ( see my post) then 3m , AKR with link pipe on the way for custom system then Don Guhl flash..... Over and done.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I bought a roll of SunTek ppf from a local tinting shop 12" x 7' for $60 gonna do it myself. From everything ive read the 3M sticks good but leaves glue behind when removed.Other than that they are very similar.

Gonna see if the throttlemeister from the 14 fits but wait on other things till the aftermarket puts a good foot forward. There will be rewards for those that make quality pieces.

Reactions: Mike Smith

·
Registered
473 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Welcome to Power Commander Motorcycle Fuel Injection Tuning Module V&notes=

PCV a must have when modifying exhaust and the fine tune after Mr. Guhl releases all the restrictions. >:D

Will be available this week! :D
If they make an on bike flash this statement will no longer be true, will be sweet to ecu tune like other bikes can. Will keep you guys posted as I communicat often with a company that may make a kit. Time will tell. It's kinda bs because the new r1 had an on bike unit when bikes hit dealers. This is because yamaha was smart and handed out bikes to some aftermarket parts makers. It appears as though akra was the only company that got h2 early (ended up being due to the fact the h2 uses akra stock in eu.) of course Don had it a little early but he does mail in flashes. IF my new qs and flash isn't working perfect I'll need to tune my 10r with on bike flash unit, not pcV.

In short.. Wait to see if on bike units will be available before buying pcV. It's a pita to install and can't do a quarter of what an on bike u u flash can do. Again Don can flash it but he can't tune your bike with your exhaust unless you bring it to him. Which is great, known many who have done this but not everyone is close to pa. Just my .02

Edit.. You can flash it if you make changes, ie k&n different exhaust, race gas, nitrous etc. of course Don can do all of this but ecu will need to be pulled and he locks your ecu. Many can unlock it but not all..

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I adjusted both front brake and clutch down as far as they would go without hitting the fairing and on the clutch side the master cylinder, I need short levers to make the pull parallel with my wrists and arms, and I would love to know who is making racing brake pads for this beast, track day in 4 weeks and it would make me feel better, I love the bite on the BMW S1000RR and on my ZX6. both have DP pads and they are great.

Lets keep this thread alive and report when goodies become available.

Rhody...

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
The throttlemiester from your 14 will not work...the bolts at the bar ends are VERY different.I tried..no joy.Now...you probably COULD do a mild fab job on the bar end to fit the mount bolt from the 14.That'd really be the only way that I can see.

I ordered some ProTaper Waffle(soft) grips for MX riding.We'll see how those work pretty soon.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
One minor quibble about the H2, the windscreen is very fragile and will scratch easily, I used Bike Spirits Spray Cleaner and Polish, and stubborn dirt, etc, results in hairline scratches after using the Cleaner. Will be replacing the windscreen with a darker one, once the aftermarket provides one.

Rhody...

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
One more thing, when you swing your leg over the bike, if you ever so slightly scuff your foot on the rear cowling it will scratch, don't ask how I know this. Put some thin strips of tape or whatever you prefer on the top of the cowl's little stripes. No more drama.

Rhody...

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ok, I emailed Kawi tech support twice about the throttle spring issue, then took a survey over the phone, basically yes no questions, kind of dumb actually, and finally an on-line survey, makes me wonder who is in charge of this at Kawasaki, lol.
They seem to lack a coordinated approach. Anyway, in the survey I told them their windshield material scratched too easily, and I asked in multiple boxes about the throttle spring being too light. The response I got from Kawasaki, crickets... If they really listened one would think they would respond. The jury is still out on the issue. I am not giving up, but as the miles pile on I am sort of getting used to it now, even though it is not ideal. It is hard enough to use 1/2 less throttle on the H2 as my BMW S1000RR and get used to everything happening 20% faster, but little by little I am calibrating myself to it. It's is funny, but to ride the BMW hard now seems easier because I don't have to react to things as quickly. Go figure... I am still amazed how smooth the H2's engine is compared to the BMW, with all those extra shafts in the H2 for the supercharger step up, Kawasaki did an amazing job, I have little doubt this engine will stick together for a long life.

Rhody...

·
Registered
32 Posts
BTW this might have been posted somewhere before but I read that finding neutral was difficult at times with the H2. If you push down in second gear, the H2 goes into neutral. One more thing, this motorcycle is 'beyond belief'.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Yep...same thing here..sometimes goes in very nicely from second...then I noticed yesterday(and a bit before)it was missing the neutral move quite a bit.It also 'locked' in second,and in first...like it was stuck or something.I couldn't(at first like before)click it out of 1st or 2nd while stopped.Changed the oil yesterday...went for a ride.I tested it to see what it would do...it stuck a couple of times...then it was fine again.Got home...tooled into my garage..clicked her down from 2nd,perfect.Have NO idea what was going on.Maybe I didn't have the clutch pulled in quite far enough?IDK.Next ride I'll check again.Kinda disturbing when it started doing this.It's always been very easy to shift at a stop into N.

I also ordered a tail tidy from EVOTECH.Think that's what they're called.In England.Looked pretty nice.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts