Ninja H2 banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
I'm so very close to putting down a deposit on a H2
I currently ride an 1199S Panigale and a hypermotard 821 so normally Ducati through and through so please feel free to help convince me why I need this bike in my life! Don't think it's gonna take you much convincing! I ride for fun at a fairly quick pase and also ride in Europe once a year with the boys.. Spain in two weeks on the Panigale so not enough time to do the trade beforehand. H2 probably not ideal for touring but then probably no less than the Panigale right?
Thanks everyone
Heath.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Hi everyone,
I'm so very close to putting down a deposit on a H2
I currently ride an 1199S Panigale and a hypermotard 821 so normally Ducati through and through so please feel free to help convince me why I need this bike in my life! Don't think it's gonna take you much convincing! I ride for fun at a fairly quick pase and also ride in Europe once a year with the boys.. Spain in two weeks on the Panigale so not enough time to do the trade beforehand. H2 probably not ideal for touring but then probably no less than the Panigale right?
Thanks everyone
Heath.
A bike holiday on a H2 is my idea of **** , low bars ,hard seat , 100 mile tank range and not enough storage for a mobile phone .
Yes buy an H2 for fun but a touring bike like my BMW 1200LT (it's a bus ) is made for a Spainish trip , your mates will be desperate to swop with you after two hundred miles ( which is less than a tank full on the BMW )
If you're in your early twenties ignore above advice and tour on a H2 you will love it !

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I used to tour on a pikes Peak Multistrada but found it a bit boring, that's how I ended up with the Panigale! Touring should be fun in my opinion. Two pairs of knickers and a tooth brush should do it!?

·
Registered
170 Posts
I have only done 2000 miles but in 2 months, inc 900 London > Nice. It was great but on my BM I do it in a day, 6 AM to 9 PM. On the H2 I stopped off for the night.
https://youtu.be/Bd3VnONFYdU
I you don't speak his lingo, figure out how to put subtitles on and take note of the comments at the end! Of course you have to buy the ultimate bike in the world and just grin despite its flaws as described above. You'll be concentrating so hard on not killing yourself you won't feel the pain in your ass, then at about 80-100 miles your ass and knees will hurt so much you will be so happy to have to stop and fill it up. If you are on a motorway with gas stations every 35 miles you have to stop at 70 miles and put 7 liters in it. Whatever the flaws; I wouldn't miss it for all the tea in China.

https://youtu.be/bipftjjH9ow ... a few comments on things to moan about ...

·
Registered
105 Posts
I would say more comfort than the Panigale, but if you are asking us if you would be disappointed with the H2 purchase, then the answer would be '**** No'. It would be safe to say that all of us on this site are ecstatic with our purchase, you will find it hard to find any negative comments about the bike. When an H2 owner tells you there's nothing else like the H2, believe it, in a good way.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Dunno but I find the bike very comfortable and I also own Harleys meant for looooong distances. I didn't get one till late June, didn't put down a deposit so had to locate one. My very first ride on the H2 was to get it home (NY) from West Virgina, that's through 5 states & close to 500 miles, only stops were for gas which it does like to drink but some of that is because it's so addicting to ride aggressively... Now 8000 miles later and I still think it's extremely comfortable especially for a sport bike. I love the seat too. I've ridden 3 hours to the track on a Friday, used it on the track Saturday & Sunday and rode it home Sunday evening. For me - It's way more comfortable than any track bike that I've ridden from Ducati like the 1299 Panigale. Correct, the H2 isn't what you'd call a touring bike but should feel much more relaxed than your 1199S Panigale.

Looks are so subjective but find people either love it or call the ugliest bike ever. I remember the first time I saw one, I was hooked, line & sinker.
The engineering and craftsmanship that went into this bike, materials, parts/fasteners, the paint!! (which you should get protected w/ Expel clear film btw) I'm partial to the candy green frame/ decals & silver mirror paint of the 2015 to me it really adds to the whole effect but the H2 is badass looking.

The bike is just insane, I've had more than a few, there's nothing else like it stock but stage 2 & full exhaust is what Kawasaki would have released if they could have. Once you unleash it so it's making additional power after the stock 10,800rpm restriction, smooth out the throttle and get rid of the massive oem exhaust, the bike kicks ass.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Dunno but I find the bike very comfortable and I also own Harleys meant for looooong distances. I didn't get one till late June, didn't put down a deposit so had to locate one. My very first ride on the H2 was to get it home (NY) from West Virgina, that's through 5 states & close to 500 miles, only stops were for gas which it does like to drink but some of that is because it's so addicting to ride aggressively... Now 8000 miles later and I still think it's extremely comfortable especially for a sport bike. I love the seat too. I've ridden 3 hours to the track on a Friday, used it on the track Saturday & Sunday and rode it home Sunday evening. For me - It's way more comfortable than any track bike that I've ridden from Ducati like the 1299 Panigale. Correct, the H2 isn't what you'd call a touring bike but should feel much more relaxed than your 1199S Panigale.

Looks are so subjective but find people either love it or call the ugliest bike ever. I remember the first time I saw one, I was hooked, line & sinker.
The engineering and craftsmanship that went into this bike, materials, parts/fasteners, the paint!! (which you should get protected w/ Expel clear film btw) I'm partial to the candy green frame/ decals & silver mirror paint of the 2015 to me it really adds to the whole effect but the H2 is badass looking.

The bike is just insane, I've had more than a few, there's nothing else like it stock but stage 2 & full exhaust is what Kawasaki would have released if they could have. Once you unleash it so it's making additional power after the stock 10,800rpm restriction, smooth out the throttle and get rid of the massive oem exhaust, the bike kicks ass.
Perfectly mirrors my thoughts and experiences!!

·
Registered
170 Posts
After 2000 miles I have 3.3 to 3.8 mm tread left, random sampling near the center, up to 4.3 on the outer pattern. But that's taking it easy, running in is 4000 RPM up to 600 miles and 6000 to 1,000 miles. Probably 70% motorways all on setting of 2.1 TC so far, (medium intervention) so not spinning them up. Others say road temps affect wear a lot. YMMV! BTW if you are not going stick with the Akra slip on that comes standard in the UK; but not in Europe, you can save about £1800 by buying in Europe for about 22,180. Or you can save £ 4,700 by emigrating to the USA. LoL

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
What sort of mileage should I expect from the tires?
The BATTLAX RS10Rs are basically racing tires w/ minimal sipes for street/DOT approval, it's a very soft/sticky compound, combine that w/ the H2s weight & power,,, they don't last long. I'm on my 3rd set. How many miles you'll get really depends on the type of riding, roadways, road/tire temperature, tire pressure, rider ability, speeds, how hard you're accelerating/cornering, traction control setting, etc. squared. But even if someone is doing mostly long distance highway miles, just from the soft compound vs. the power they'll be needing to change tires in a few k miles because the H2 will wear the rear tires center area flat in no time from the acceleration forces. & as temps rise, especially past 80F so does the rate of wear.

Guys are running Super Corsas too but they're just as soft. I usually prefer to stick w/ the oem tire (unless there's some good reasons to switch) whether always true or not think there's something to be said for using the tire as tested/ developed on the bike keeping in mind the handling/suspension, traction control, ABS, etc.

I just posted this pic on another thread, sorry for the repost but this is my 1 day old RS10R after just a couple of track sessions, the H2 drinks guzzoline & eats tires like Mad Max:

·
Registered
37 Posts
First post here,

just picked up a 16 H2 today, I have owned many Ducatis, R1's GSXR's and still do 1198, 998 and Monster and one thing that is very noticeable immediately is the quality of this bike, the bike is solid! The fasteners, machining, paint and just the way things come together, and the POWER is like nothing else. It's bigger and heavier than all of the race replica bikes mentioned, this is a street machine. I was looking for something completely different, I don't really do track day's so I feel this bike works very well for the riding I do. I will admit I didn't like the looks of the bike last year when it came out, and I really had a change of heart on it, it's a very different unique look. I'm very happy with it!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi, can someone please explain what the three settings within the ktrc settings are? For instance in setting 1 it has 1+ 1- and 1
Hope I have explained this well!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts