Ninja H2 banner
41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Download the H2 Service Manual (?)

You guys didn't get one because Kawasaki researched you before they did your flash drive.They found you wanting,thus...all service for yours shall be done by a competent technician.
Now that's pretty funny! Okay wise guy, how 'bout setting up an MS OneDrive account and upload the service manual so all us USA guys can get a copy. Remember I created a OneDrive and uploaded the Parts Diagrams & Parts Lists for both the H2s so you guys could have them. If I could easily create the OneDrive, you certainly can.:laugh:

·
Registered
278 Posts
Unlocking the Service Manual PDF file

I cant remember seeing the service manual on mine. ...Can you "copy" from that service manual PDF and paste to text file? the one I got from a member on here I cannot Copy from ...it is locked. I like to put small service snippets into a single text file for quick reference.
I'm not certain this will work for you but I've used this on various locked PDF files and been able to modify them with no trouble. This is an online tool to unlock pdf files. FreeMyPDF.com - Removes passwords from viewable PDFs You will not be able to unlock a password protected pdf but I don't think that's what you have. Try it!

·
Registered
331 Posts
I'm not certain this will work for you but I've used this on various locked PDF files and been able to modify them with no trouble. This is an online tool to unlock pdf files. FreeMyPDF.com - Removes passwords from viewable PDFs You will not be able to unlock a password protected pdf but I don't think that's what you have. Try it!
Thanks for the reply ...It was password protected ...I printed it to PDF (resampled) then opened in adobe pro at work and did OCR on it so now it has text I can copy :)

Reactions: SilverbirdH2

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
"If I could easily create the OneDrive, you certainly can"...I wouldn't bet on it...I sent Guhl my RELAY instead of my ECU.My first clue should have been when I said to myself..."hey,this doesn't have a triangular bracket holding it...did Kawasaki forget to put that on there?",And I DID read the service manual about the ECU removal.Talk about 'technically wanting'...sheesh.I simply didn't SEE the ECU hanging on that right side.Hope I don't do something like that railin through the curves at 140:eek:

Go ahead guys...flame on;)

He'll be getting THE H2 ECU tomorrow morning.I still can't believe I did that.

·
Registered
278 Posts
No Flames!

"If I could easily create the OneDrive, you certainly can"...I wouldn't bet on it...I sent Guhl my RELAY instead of my ECU.My first clue should have been when I said to myself..."hey,this doesn't have a triangular bracket holding it...did Kawasaki forget to put that on there?",And I DID read the service manual about the ECU removal.Talk about 'technically wanting'...sheesh.I simply didn't SEE the ECU hanging on that right side.Hope I don't do something like that railin through the curves at 140:eek:

No flames, you're simply showing you're human! >:D

·
Registered
574 Posts

I sent Don my ECU too. When I talked to him, he told me it was a bitch to get out and yes, it was. The manual only sort of tells you how to get to the ECU and the diagrams and pictures are only sort of helpful. Once again, I appreciate the challenge of translating a technical manual from one language to another. It is better than the Google translate feature, but not by a whole lot. The thing I found the hardest was finding those last couple screws to remove and then having the courage to tug on the darn thing. The ECU is held into its container by four or five screws and then has three plugs as well. No need to mark the plugs (as I did) they all fit differently. Can't wait to get it back together and get back on the dyno.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
I'm not quite gettin why they put it where it is...What's wrong with a setup like the 14?You think maybe they just want us to 'get to know' our bikes more intimately?;)

Two fairings,an upper fairing,a windscreen and inner fairing,not to mention the inner uppers.It definitely IS a job.Hopefully putting it all back as was will be a tad more,'friendly'.This time...that manual is sitting right next to me...looks like a boatload of bolts...my brain just can't remember where EVERY one goes.Though I do have em kinda set apart in their respective 'areas' on the floorLOL.Luckily I replaced the air filter with a DNA...so all that stuff I'm familiar with.I like how they say in the manual..."install upper fairing' as a single deal,with no real explanation on a technique.They tell ya how to remove it...Somefun told me how as well.It worked..I didn't break or scratch anything.But I kept expecting something to go 'crack'.Sheesh.

·
Registered
574 Posts
I try to lay the fasteners out in order that I pulled them off, then on a shelf, on each side of the bike. This really keeps me from having to remember too much about the process. I also try to put fasteners back in a few turns, in their original location, where it doesn't interfere with the next step, especially where they use two sizes or more of fasteners. It would be great to have a board with rows of magnets or some other system to organize this, especially when you pull an engine down and try to remember the order a few weeks later.

·
Registered
8 Posts
ill need a manual please

·
Registered
5 Posts
Nope!! No USB stick!!

we had, I even upload a photo of the gift pack, the service manual is on the usb drive. Call you dealer to ask for it. it's all sent to the dealership to forward to the customer.
Nuh!! All I got was a book on the history of Kawasaki's Ninjas!! :(

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
DEALER...see yer dealer.This comes inside the large box with that 30 years deal.Did you get the Beasley's stuff as well?That was in separate boxes.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Not very good wizard. Ask them why. Aus did not get Beazley care kit but there was a usb along with ninja book and the pouch holding the warranty handbook and owners manual. Also got a letter of congrats from Kawasaki australia with VIN on it. Can't recall if that came with the pack or separate. Will be curious to hear back from you as to whether Mark at Mack1 follows up for you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi any chance of obtaining access to a service manual. just checked my dongle and they didn't see fit to add it on.dont mind paying for it via paypal. Cheers Jeff

·
Registered
5 Posts
Unlocking the Service Manual PDF file
thank you online and free app, that's sound good but I prefer using A PDF Restricttions remover even offline tasks

41 - 59 of 59 Posts