Ninja H2 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got the September 2015 Cycle World and they were doing their TURN & BURN 2 article. They had an H2, a BMW, Ducati 1299, Yamaha R1, Vette and McLaren in a 0-180 contest. The H2 lost to the BMW from o to 180 in 16.04 seconds to 16.00 seconds for the BMW. The BMW was all stock except a race ECU and an Akrapovic pipe. The H2 topped at 184.6 and the BMW hit 184.5. Too bad they didn't run the "stock" BMW against BobC's stock H2 with an ECU and an Akrapovic muffler also, his bike ran 202, which is a touch quicker than the BMW. The Yamaha was slower to 180, but it topped out at 188.7, right on that 300 kph limit. The $1.2 million McLaren P1 hit 180 in 15.74 seconds and tops out at 206 mph. The article stated that they had planned to test an H2R, but Kawasaki said the bike was being used elsewhere, too bad, it should have beaten the McLaren pretty handily and just about matched its top speed. Last, the H2 was the quickest in the 1/4 mile at 9.81 @ 152.21, the only other bike in the nines was the Ducati at 9.97 @ 151.82 mph.

·
Registered
106 Posts
It would have been nice to have the H2R in the lineup as Cycle World has named it the best super bike of 2015.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Is the "race ECU and Akra pipe" a factory option for the BMW? If so,then it may not seem "fair" to run it against a bike that doesnt have that factory option. If it comes from the factory like that then it's still considered stock as far as Im concerned,even if it is an upgrade thats not available on the other bikes in the test. Too bad Kawi doesnt offer an unrestricted ECU for the H2.....BMW always comes out swingin hard :)

Reactions: ben1000z

·
Registered
587 Posts
I love how skewed numbers are from these testers! One tester does this with the bike, the other does that. IE The superbike UK test you posted where the H2 did it in 15.4 and the S1000rr in 18 lol. Big differences.

Then you have this too.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I like the 100-150mph info...it's a good comparison to the list thats on 6speedonline. I always use data from my Racelogic box to see where I stand with the fastest cars on the road. ;)

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Skimmed the article. Like to know why Kawi opted not give them an R...

Some posturing going on here:eek:

I wonder if Kawasaki refused due to political correctness? Why have it out there that you sell 200 mph bikes to anyone with a checkbook? Stupid, I admit, but there just are not many logical reasons not to have given them the bike. They will give one to Sport Rider in a bike versus three cars, but not in a bike and car shoot out. What were they afraid of? I'm sure H2R and Cliff want to chime in right now. >:D

·
Registered
115 Posts
I love how skewed numbers are from these testers! One tester does this with the bike, the other does that. IE The superbike UK test you posted where the H2 did it in 15.4 and the S1000rr in 18 lol. Big differences.

Then you have this too.

These numbers for a stock H2 are very good. So much potential with the H2 after some mods and those figures should be even better. Really, no other stock liter and bigger bike can measure up to the H2 so there is no need to compare to the R.

·
Registered
126 Posts
These numbers for a stock H2 are very good. So much potential with the H2 after some mods and those figures should be even better. Really, no other stock liter and bigger bike can measure up to the H2 so there is no need to compare to the R.
i would agree with you, except that the stock 2015 bmw s1000rr is around the 190 hp mark and a lot lighter.. in my opinion, thats the only thing that can give the stock H2 a run for its money.. especially with the ecu restrictions that kawasaki put in the stock model :(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts