Ninja H2 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Occasionally when the local dealership is closed my buddy has his own tire machine with manual balancer (from harbor Freight) . He can swap the rear tire just fine but the manual balancer seems to be missing a large spacer to balance the H2 rear wheel.

We have never run into this issue before with BMW s1000rr, R1, zx10r, cbr1000 etc.... does anyone know where to get the large spacer that will allow him to manually balance the H2 rear wheel?

https://www.harborfreight.com/motorcycle-wheel-balancing-stand-98488.html

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
If I recall correctly the rear wheel has the same lug pattern as the Dodge Neon. And I have read somewhere that you can use the same adapter. Dont hold me to this one, I usually wont post unless I am 100% right about something (Or one of you is full of $hit, lol)

Hope this helps as the Kawi adapter is about $450 dealer cost and $700+ your cost. My dealer bought the Kawi adapter to balance my wheels.

NOLA

·
Registered
891 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Looked at the cone options over here and they did not work accurately enough for my liking!

Importing a Neon hub just was not viable.

Kwaks prices for the adapter was outlandish!

So, I had a measure up of the rear wheel and got a good friend to make me something up.

The rod is 25mm ground Piston/Hydraulic Rod, so super straight.

The rest from 6” Aluminum Billet stock....

The wheel is clamped by the spring pressure on the large disc, now faced with foam to protect the spokes.

I did not use the roller bearings, as the Abba stand already has rollers....

All the locking grub screws have an opposing equal, to maintain balance about the shaft.

Luckily, he is well into his sportsbikes and was not going to charge me. I did force some money into his hands though!

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
As I'm super fussy and did not want my wheel paint damaged in any way when I had my tyre changed I told the fitter not to remove the old balance weights and just mount the lightest part of the tyre( marked on tyre with red or white spot ) aligned with the valve .

I'm now running the second tyre on the original balance weights without any problems or damage . I am not saying this is the correct thing to do , just saying it works for me .
That is better than no balance at all, but you should try to get it better.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Uh, I hate to say this but the red dot is the lightest part of the tire and should be aligned with the valve stem.[/QUOTE

I have just had a read up on this and you are totally correct .
I will check my bike when I get it back to see if the fitter followed my instructions or just thought "idiot " and done it correctly! Either way I've ridden it at speed and it feels perfectly balanced.
Hopefully no one followed my advice and I'll try and delete the post so A) it hides my stupidity and B) it's not copied.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
What is it about the Harbor Freight balancer that doesn't work? I use one of those. I do have a lathe if I need to make a part. But?????

1 - 10 of 10 Posts