Ninja H2 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey gang!

First off..... Beasley's Nano resin? Just buy some and do it! I recently finished applying the third coat to my H2 and I couldn't be happier with the results. It is the perfect complement to the bike and pathetically easy to do. Got some small bug spatters today and didn't even need to use a cleaner to remove them. Just a gentle swipe with a Beasleys micro fiber cloth! The biggest pain was not being able to ride it for the better part of two weeks since I didn't want to have to clean it between coats!

One tip to pass on.... I tried to use the rubbing alcohol/water mixture to clean the surfaces before appling the nano resin per the instructions, and ended up chasing the streaks left behind as it dried faster than I could wipe. After learning my lesson, I resorted to using the Beasley's detail cleaner (included with the bike) instead. Much easier to wipe away all the residue. The alcohol mixture is probably necessary only to remove wax and other coatings anyway.

The real purpose of this post is this..... has anyone noticed the little bits of road debris, such as sand and bits of tar, left on the seat after riding? It's perhaps not a huge deal, but I can easily see it leading to scratches, and other marks on the seat after a long ride. I'm guessing it comes through the little wings that reside below and between the side bolsters at the rear of the seat. I'm thinking of throwing together some sort of screen to prevent this. Anyone having a similar experience and perhaps a solution? After my impatience waiting for Evotech to make more tail tidies available, I (pre)ordered a Yoshimura fender eliminator from Revzilla. Now I'm wondering if the goofy OEM fender thingy really does serve a purpose! :eek:

Love my H2! Wouldn't trade it for nothin'!

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Nope...not alone here.I had some pebbles and small stuff(rocks)on my seat after a few rides as well...couldn't figure out HOW the heck they got thereLOL.I just brushed em off...but it is odd.I'm thinkin..."I didn't sit in any dirt"...WTF?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmmmmm..... maybe it is a sign. If we collect enough of these rocks/pebbles and arrange them in just the right pattern around a golden dagger at the peak of the highest mountain..... mayhap an H2R will magically appear in our garages? Just sayin'!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts