Ninja H2 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided I had to do something with the seat....just to 'hard' on any longer rides.I cut a nice piece of Gel Pad to install at the nose of the seat...about 4" back...then a 'thin' piece of foam on top of that.Over the stock foam.Fitted just right...staples and seat cover fit right up like stock.Looks factory actually.Gotta say...this little mod definitely helped on my ride today.It made the seat have a mild 'dish' in the center(the stock shape)yet raised the front half up about a half inch,maybe a bit more.Totally transformed the seat feeling.Made a good run today about 130 miles...maybe a bit more.I was pulling down around 38-44 MPG in 6th at 65mph.Very nice.Compared to what she qwas getting.I'm at 650+ miles right now.Changed oil today also.Dialed out some preload front and back...and some compression damping(when I got home).3 clicks out on the front comp.One whole turn on the preload out.

Rear...compression...three clicks out,preload,about two full turns out.Rode back with the rear preload set as is...(above)...definitely a bit more comfy.Handling wasn't affected.

Gonna ride tomorrow and check how the front feels now.She's running great!Lots of fun;)

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Thanks for the suspension information, the bike is definitely too hard for my weight on factory settings on anything other than a perfectly flat road. Please let us know how it feels.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah...think it's pretty much set up for'high speed riding'.Haven't ridden her yet today,but intend to.I'll let ya know later.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Went out today...had a great time.The seat really works good....and the backing off of the preload and compression damping on the front and rear really helped to smooth out the road.Tried the KTRC in 2 for a bit...didn't help at all for stopping wheelies(not that I wanted it to...just wanted to see if it would)...it didn't.Maybe try 3 next time...God this bike is killer.:laugh:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts