Ninja H2 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody know what the rider's seat surface is made of? i saw a video wherein the owner said it was leather- - just wondering which products are best to condition it...

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
No...not direct fit.The shape is very similar.Lengthwise.Cut wise.Width.The pan design is different though.It has two large nodes of foam that need to be shaved down to match the H2 stock pan.And some shaving along the mid to rear outside edges.The front part is not shaped to fill the very tip part(s)of the stock design.But close.Close enough.I used the stock seat cover because it has those two pointed areas at the front that go over the pan tips.Worked really well.I wanted a more flat angle with the seat.With the added foam of the SE seat.
If one was recovering the seat with another vinyl piece,then the side shaving wouldn't be necessary.Using the stock H2 seat cover created a really nice tight fitment.So now I have a seat I can sit closer to the tank and be totally comfortable on,No feeling of sliding into the tank.And I'm able to sit back just enough to be held in the pocket of the bowl and not move around.I'm happy with it.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
It appears one of the seats...the factory SE seat IS leather and suede material.I stand corrected.The comfort seat is vinyl.

SE seat on H2

2015 Ninja H2...my baby
(old reshaped seat)

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Hey Glas.The shape is not the same.It's squarish at the front.So the factory SE seat cover won't work.Nor the pan.I used the H2 seat cover,then added some cut gel padding to mimic the H2 front foam shape so it would fill the pointed areas of the seat there.I lightly shaped the very front edge portion of the SE foam to be a bit thinner,and be a bit more flush with the pan front when stapled down.Also,I removed BOTH areas of the underfoam shaping of the SE seat(cut off the bulging foam areas there) ,and got that underpart pretty much flat with the contour of the H2 pan.Still plenty of support,but allowed the foam to create a 'bucket' to sit in.The rearmost foam may need to be shaved down as well,so the vinyl H2 cover will fit nicely all around the edges.I shaved off some on the rearish sides as well,to be able to pull the cover over and then under the pan for stapling.You COULD buyan H2 seat..they're pretty cheap actually.And just add that seat's foam to the existing one.Probably have to do some light shaping,but it's thin enough to use the one stock cover with.That'd work also.The SE seat is kinda spendy.
If you have any abililty to 'design' something like this,you should be fine doing it.Just go slow with the changes and sit with it on the bike when you've made some changes to see where ya need to refine it.Before ya cover it.

I found shaping the underside of the foam is much better than trying to reshape the top portion.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts