Ninja H2 banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading about seat adjustment in the owner's manual, I decided to try out the look of the bike without the bolsters in place. I think the bike needs some finishing touches, maybe a small cover plate to fill the gap, and some caps (winglets?) for the tailpiece. What do you think?

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Nice rear stand;)...but seriously...it looks okay.I think you may be onto something there.If you like it....that's what matters.It's cool looking as you have it.Mow...if you could fabricate or have someone fabricate the turn signals into the tips on that cowl....that might be something to consider?The more I look at that...the more I like...with signals at the tips.Something that would match the flow of that flat part there and the shape of the vertical side.I like it actually.Winglets?Maybe something shaped similar to the lower winglets on the H2R.A canard,pointing down(vertical) on the tips.

How about a profile shot of those.(the whole bike that is).

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
It looks ok, as you say just need finishing off with a cap or something.

Who makes that rear stand? I'm still waiting for Kawasaki to produce theirs but so far nothing!!

·
Registered
787 Posts
Definitely does not look wrong. There is a lot of scope with this bike to improve or should I say individualize this bike. Apart from riding ( and sorting puncture ) I have spent the last two weeks making light stands, boxes and rigs so I can see it in a non reflective environment. My bikes only look mint once a year when I present them for annual test. Then its Get on and Get Gone. This is new territory for me. I don't want to do anything right now that stops me just riding it when ever I feel like it.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the comments everyone. I definately like the idea of turn signals relocated up into mini-winglets. BobC - That's the Pit Bull (revised) stand with the arm in the forward config.

Profile shot:

FYI - Returned it to stock config right now, getting ready to move in the next few weeks and don't want to be chasing down parts after the move! :)

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Thanks Larry, I'll look at the Pit Bull. Kawasaki Customer Service tell me their rear stand will be available at the end of this month (May) but no prices yet.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Larry,

I may remove it for my upcoming track day, I don't like that cup half up my butt when I gesticulate around turns, lol...

Thanks...

Rhody...

P.S. The aftermarket folks should take note and make a nice block off plate for the attachment points for those who want to ditch the cup for good.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Thanks Larry, I'll look at the Pit Bull. Kawasaki Customer Service tell me their rear stand will be available at the end of this month (May) but no prices yet.
BobC,

My Pit Bull stand is in, will pick it up today. It needs a special pin for the H2, I got a discount by ordering it from my local dealer instead of online, FYI.

Rhody...

·
Registered
53 Posts
I bought a Kreiga 10lt tail bag but with no rear points of attachment its tough. I dont really want to sit it straight on the paint surface and a backpack is a hassle for overnighters.
I'll do a few hours in the workshop over the weekend and see what comes out of it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts