Ninja H2 banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just wondering if anyone has this flash?

I called Schnitz twice today and missed the tech rep both times.

I've spent 3 hours searching this site along with the net and came up empty.

I have the hardware for the autoblipper.

If you do have this flash or firsthand info the two main questions I have for you are

1. Will it enable my autoblipper function in the ECU?
2. Does it smooth out lower throttle imputs?

Appreciate your feedback folks.:D

·
Registered
277 Posts
For me, yes and yes. The smoothed out throttle was a dramatic improvement.

The autoblipper might be dependent on the hardware you have, I’m not quite sure. I had the Cordona autoblipper.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I might because of that very reason H2. The Schnitz reflash is cheaper so I might save some cash for other things. My main focus isnt on power there's more than enough on tap. I want smoother down low/autoblipper the max performance stuff I dont care about.

Today I did get to talk to Mr Guhl and he's straight forward and knows his craft so if I'm not super impressed with Schnitz then I might just Guhl the ECU.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
From what I read previously on the Shnitz page,he leaves a few things out that you would get with Don.He may have changed that by now,but you saying it's cheaper leads me to think it's still not a complete flash.

"Increased Rev Limiter to 13,500RPM (+500rpm over stock)
Top Speed Restriction Removed
Throttle Blades Adjusted for More Horsepower at High RPM, but Smoother Transition when Track Racing.
Ignition Timing Adjusted for Maximum Power
Stock O2 Sensor FI Disabled
Radiator Fan Set to Come On at 90*C (194*F)
Exhaust Valve Servo Motor FI Disabled
(Optional) Fuel Tables Adjusted for Slip On Exhaust System"

Well,for one...that rpm limit IS 13,500 stock(so he's actually not raising that).Guhl gets her up to 14,2000.
Top speed restriction lifted.Okay.But the factory display will ONLY show 189mph.Guhl's flash will enable the speedo to read accurately to the actual real speed(past 189).

"Exhaust Valve Servo Motor FI Disabled"...I'm guessing you have removed the sound canister?So this function is needless.

"Radiator Fan Set to Come On at 90*C (194*F)"...you most likely don't need this either.Okay option,but unnecessary.Unless of course,you're at a place that has 'hot' temps.

Don will also enable the autoblip function.If you don't have the sensor,you can get one off the Brock's site,or get one from the factory...zx10R.

That Schnitz flash is pretty cheap moneywise however.You could probably talk to em and get the functions flashed.But I think the price will go up for that.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
"Today I did get to talk to Mr Guhl and he's straight forward and knows his craft"...yep.That's the experience I had also.Talked to him for about 20 minutes.He knew exactly what I wanted,and then some.
I went with the package deal.May as well get the fueling sorted as well.These packages are getting 250,260 HP RW.Not too shabby for a great roadbike.

·
Registered
587 Posts
I would go with Don. You are going to get more bang for your buck with more features.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well am going to go with Don. I talked to Schnitz rep yesterday and they cannot enable the autoblipper and are focused more on performance only. Don Guhl seems to have it all covered in his flash and even tho its cost more you get more.

I talked to Don twice on the phone super nice guy took the time to answer my questions even tho Im sure hes been asked 1000x.

Appreciate the feedback.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
You gonna get the PCV?

"focused more on performance only"..well,I would say the downshift function is a fairly big part of 'performance'.Don't quite understand WHY they wouldn't enable that.Did they offer to?

'cannot'.Makes ya wonder a bit just what kind of flashing setup they have?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Yea I was surprised they're flash didn't enable the auto but from what they told me they basically focused on just redistricting the bike.

The way it was explained to me is that they don't have all the software needed to do a flash like that and if they did it would probably be a couple hundred dollars more?

As far as the PCV I'm not planning on piggybacking anything just the straight flash that's all I want.

So next forecast I see that shows rain for more than 2 or 3 days will be when I pull the ECU and send to Don.

Ahh one more thing the RS10 don't last very long so Ill be throwing on Battleax S21's again which seem to last with my riding style.

Thx for your imput H2..

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Y/W.I thought at one time to go with the Schnitz one,but when I read the limited features on there,I called Don.It was a no brainer after that.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Just need a flash for 2017 to remove the speed limiter and tune to take advantage of top gear potential horsepower. Any suggestions?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts