Ninja H2 banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Think you made a good choice, this one is much more Arnold/Terminator looking than the trick star & flows much better w/ the bike. Like the way the pipe is bent & also the angle at which the can sits, parallel with the tail section instead of upswept like the trick star. It also lets you see more of the rear wheel. It's awesome.

I love not having the OEM muffler bracket anymore, that & removal of the muffler lets you see right through the right side of the bike. If they made one that had like a 4" pipe that you could mount to the cat so the can was behind/under the foot peg it would be an option for what I'm looking for temporarily.

The cat reduces sound levels quite a bit. Without zero can/muffler at all the bike is certainly louder but not crazy, it's just the way I like it so this should bring down the level a little more. Depends where you live but I've never been pulled over for loud pipes & have had bikes louder than how my H2 is now without any muffler whatsoever.

If I can't get a simple slash cut exhaust tip to fit on the cat pipe, Id definitely consider this one. Thumbs up, plz post up pics when you mount it.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
It looks ten time better than the stock can and better than the Akrapovic we get on our UK H2's. Any figures for noise level?

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
It does look good...only thing...wish it has less welds.Not that those are bad or something...they look really okay...but still.Can't see why they couldn't just make a nice shaped midpipe...still looks fine though.

My goal was to remove the cat(and stock muffler)...any reason you guys are keeping that?It's like 18 lbs or something...not including the Muffler.Could be wrong here...but it's still mucho extra weight.

·
Registered
836 Posts
It does look good...only thing...wish it has less welds.Not that those are bad or something...they look really okay...but still.Can't see why they couldn't just make a nice shaped midpipe...still looks fine though.

My goal was to remove the cat(and stock muffler)...any reason you guys are keeping that?It's like 18 lbs or something...not including the Muffler.Could be wrong here...but it's still mucho extra weight.
Welds look ok on a race bike but the H2 is a superbly finished road bike with 2nd to none attention to detail , look at the lovely tight , crimp free bend on the Kawasaki OEM downpipes just before it meets the collector box as an example .
The bend needed for a link pipe could be made in one high quality, polished piece of stainless steel or titanium without welding cut and angled sections together but I suspect it's cheaper to do that than buy a computerised pipe bender ?

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
I just had to remove the pre-muffler.It was something that 'took away' the sleekness and such.It wasn't an option for me.;)

On the new 10R..they've managed to conceal it much better...well...not exactly...but definitely more flowing and looking like a part of the styling.Instead of a 'box' hanging under the bike.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts