Ninja H2 banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, that was a joke!

I was so looking forward to the Kawasaki exhibit at this years International Motorcycle Show held at the Cal Expo grounds in Sacramento, California. Kawasaki's display was beautiful, large, and second to none. They had an H2 and an H2R on display. The R had ropes around it but were tight enough around the bike the general public could maul it. And they did. The H2 was a non-runner display piece the general public could get on and horribly abuse. The paint had been trashed and I was there midday of the second day of the show. Sacrilegious!

Here's the bad part. These two bikes were 2015 models. No one working at the display, at least 15 people at the time I was there, knew anything about the 2016 models.

None of the Kawasaki employees (I suspect the "employees" were actually Progressive employees. Progressive is the main sponsor of the show.) all dressed to the nines in the Kawasaki green and black uniforms knew nothing about the H2 beyond surface questioning. All that I talked to were surprised to learn of the two colors we've seen from the Tokyo show. When asked about changes in the 2015 vs the 2016 models, their answer was, "There are no changes." When I detailed the changes Kawasaki has stated, their answer changed to, "They didn't tell us about that."

I found Kawasaki's presence at the Sacramento IMS very disappointing because of the completely unknowledgeable personnel. The beauty of the display couldn't offset that factor.

The day was not lost however. I came for the show and it didn't disappoint. There was heavy participation from the manufactures and the show was every bit as good as the old venue in the San Francisco Bay area.

Fun day!

·
Registered
587 Posts
This is what I keep mentioning to the people complaining about the 2016, and thinking the 2015 was going to be the only year the H2 was produced. Never believe the dealers and the people that work for them. They read the brochure and that's it. Not all of them are true enthusiasts that strive to understand or know about new Kawasaki technology. **** most of the dealers don't even know about new bikes until they arrive at the dealership lol.

Reactions: mr.xr
1 - 2 of 2 Posts