Ninja H2 banner
1 - 20 of 167 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so this rust problem has been going on for months now,after my dealer reported it with no response we then sent pictures, no response, then rang Kawasaki Australia and get the we are response from japan. Weeks later and 3 phone calls later I am still getting we are waiting for a response from japan.I informed them this is a fatigue issue and dangerous .Anybody else have this issue.I will post pics shortly

·
Registered
173 Posts
I am suspecting that you wont have any response from Kawasaki for that issue but what I will do to mine is just oil treat it like we do to our vehicle for the winter here up north to prevent rust.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Ok so this rust problem has been going on for months now,after my dealer reported it with no response we then sent pictures, no response, then rang Kawasaki Australia and get the we are response from japan. Weeks later and 3 phone calls later I am still getting we are waiting for a response from japan.I informed them this is a fatigue issue and dangerous .Anybody else have this issue.I will post pics shortly
Have you tried a bore scope to get a look inside the frame tube ? Do you know if the frames are unpainted from new inside or are painted but yours has failed ?

Sounds like it would be worth spraying some GT 85 or WD 40 inside the frame , there are some small holes in the frame that you can get the small diameter tube inside the frame that comes with the GT 85 / WD 40 .
I would be interested to see your pictures .

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep there was no grease on the wheel bearings,i am currently dealing with Evolution motorcycles and they have been fine its kawasaki themselfs that is holding things up

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Have you tried a bore scope to get a look inside the frame tube ? Do you know if the frames are unpainted from new inside or are painted but yours has failed ?

Sounds like it would be worth spraying some GT 85 or WD 40 inside the frame , there are some small holes in the frame that you can get the small diameter tube inside the frame that comes with the GT 85 / WD 40 .
I would be interested to see your pictures .
If there is consistently rust coming out of the frame then i would presume that it hasnt been primed or painted inside,i havent had a look myself.I wont be spraying anything inside this needs to be fixed by kawasaki.

·
Registered
43 Posts
malh2 Evolution is pretty good. I was going to suggest if it was Peter Stevens to take it else where. If its any consolation it took me over 3months to get Kawasaki to fix my fuel pump on my zx10 05 bc it had rusted and that was still under warranty.

·
Banned
546 Posts
How far are you from the ocean?

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
malh2 Evolution is pretty good. I was going to suggest if it was Peter Stevens to take it else where. If its any consolation it took me over 3months to get Kawasaki to fix my fuel pump on my zx10 05 bc it had rusted and that was still under warranty.
Is only ever been serviced at Evolution and I have no problems with Chris or his staff.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Is only ever been serviced at Evolution and I have no problems with Chris or his staff.
SPRAT33 spot on with Peter Stevens.
Absolutely the worst Service Department I've ever dealt with.Screwed everything they touched on my ZX-10R.

As for Evolution,well they told malh2 he needed a new supercharger.
So they either don't know how to use a dial indicator or they are just incompetent like Stevo's.
I wouldn't trust either of them with a lawn mower.

As for the frame rust,call Kawasaki Australia Sydney HQ yourself mal.I'm sure going direct to the source will yield better results.

·
Registered
202 Posts

Did I miss the pics somewhere?

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Mahl2, sorry to read that you have a problem with rust on your H2, first a bearing and now the frame. Could you post some photos for other owners to see?

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
SPRAT33 spot on with Peter Stevens.
Absolutely the worst Service Department I've ever dealt with.Screwed everything they touched on my ZX-10R.

As for Evolution,well they told malh2 he needed a new supercharger.
So they either don't know how to use a dial indicator or they are just incompetent like Stevo's.
I wouldn't trust either of them with a lawn mower.

As for the frame rust,call Kawasaki Australia Sydney HQ yourself mal.I'm sure going direct to the source will yield better results.
I have been calling Kawasaki head office in sydney a number of times,there reply is it is waiting for japan to reply.

·
Banned
546 Posts
I have been calling Kawasaki head office in sydney a number of times,there reply is it is waiting for japan to reply.
If dealing with them is anything like dealing with the U.S. Kawasaki Corporate, I feel bad for you.

Interested to see your pictures of the damage. Wonder what this would mean for H2R owners who have no warranty if it happens?

·
Banned
546 Posts
Does your bike get wet? Are you washing it with a hose or riding in the rain?

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Does your bike get wet? Are you washing it with a hose or riding in the rain?
This bike gets treated like a Baby ,good news is Kawasaki have ordered a new frame and will be replacing my old one,it took a while but it will get fixed so all good.

·
Administrator
396 Posts
It would still be nice to see pictures. So other owners know what/where to look, just in case this isn't a "one off" problem.

Reactions: selenap and PMSHK

·
Registered
836 Posts
This bike gets treated like a Baby ,good news is Kawasaki have ordered a new frame and will be replacing my old one,it took a while but it will get fixed so all good.
Do you get a different frame number or do Kawasaki stamp your original frame number on the new frame ?
New frame would mean new log book / title .

1 - 20 of 167 Posts