Ninja H2 banner

Risks, Rewards and the Luckiest Stars

5K views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  TheDanMan 
#1 ·

Its been a bad week for warp speed metal with two H2's meeting their maker and taking one man along with them.

The first mangled mess comes to us from South Africa, according to Facebook it was the lone demo H2 in South Africa. The story goes that the rider lost control of the bike somewhere outside Durban, binned it and the bike continued on its merry way until meeting an object solid enough to rip the front end off. I'm happy to report that the rider is indeed ok, albeit recovering in hospital.

The second case isn't so feel good. In Croatia another rider lost control of his H2 this time careening into 2 cyclists on a mountain road. The 46 year old rider lost his life in the aftermath. The selfish consolation for the rest of us is that he went out doing what he loved and by the sounds of it without much suffering.

Keep your lamps trimmed and burning, stay shinning.

See less See more
#6 ·
I wouldn't doubt if there are more. Some people, new or experienced, just don't know how to handle the machine even though they want to go really fast. It seems inevitable. And while it may ruin it for some others, I do think this is the reason why companies agreed to stop making faster and faster bikes for a while.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.