Ninja H2 banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I tried out Riders Discount who advertises on here every day. I bought a back protector to wear racing last month. I called them so I could verify availability and shipping time. They did not have my size. A few minutes later they called back and said they did have one in my size and could get it here quickly. Got it and tried it on and too small. I looked at the label and it said Medium, but the box was marked Large. It was an honest mistake. I had to buy one locally then, as I had to leave the next day. When I called Riders Discount, they said to send it back and they would refund it. They did say that they would not refund the postage, so I am out $15, plus a 30 minute trip to the post office. This sucks. Dennis Kirk or Superstore always pay for returns. Has anyone else had any experience with Riders Discount?

Also, be sure to see the sale at Motomummy.com for the Power Commander items, much cheaper than anywhere else. Funky name for a company, but good prices and service.

THIS IS A LATE UPDATE, MIKE HAS REACHED OUT TO MAKE THIS RIGHT. I WASN'T ABLE TO CALL HIM TODAY, BUT I FEEL THEY WILL TREAT ME RIGHT ON THIS. BECAUSE OF HIS QUICK RESPONSE, I WANTED THIS UPDATE AT THE TOP OF THE THREAD.

·
Registered
587 Posts
I tried out Riders Discount who advertises on here every day. I bought a back protector to wear racing last month. I called them so I could verify availability and shipping time. They did not have my size. A few minutes later they called back and said they did have one in my size and could get it here quickly. Got it and tried it on and too small. I looked at the label and it said Medium, but the box was marked Large. It was an honest mistake. I had to buy one locally then, as I had to leave the next day. When I called Riders Discount, they said to send it back and they would refund it. They did say that they would not refund the postage, so I am out $15, plus a 30 minute trip to the post office. This sucks. Dennis Kirk or Superstore always pay for returns. Has anyone else had any experience with Riders Discount?

Also, be sure to see the sale at Motomummy.com for the Power Commander items, much cheaper than anywhere else. Funky name for a company, but good prices and service.
You have to pay for returns yes. I will have to return a pair of gloves that run huge compared to the rest of the line, I ordered an XL which is what I wear but they are big.. Will order lg and compare with XL and keep whichever fit better. Did you need to get a form from them to fill out to return? I'm curious about this as I don't have printer, but I could probly use someone's I hope to print it out. Im keeping my fingers crossed that my race suit will fit.. I tried without my back protector in and it was tight! I wasn't wearing undersuit at that point so it's my only hope. It was borderline unbareable. I have a 52 eu but I think with back protector in it's gonna be too tight but time will tell. In short I think your experience is not typical. It sounds like someone returned the wrong item in the wrong package and it didn't get caught before re shipping to you. I thought they would all charge to return ship. Imo the discount they give is more important than a return shipping charge. But it does suck how much it cost to ship.. Good luck

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You have to pay for returns yes. I will have to return a pair of gloves that run huge compared to the rest of the line, I ordered an XL which is what I wear but they are big.. Will order lg and compare with XL and keep whichever fit better. Did you need to get a form from them to fill out to return? I'm curious about this as I don't have printer, but I could probly use someone's I hope to print it out. Im keeping my fingers crossed that my race suit will fit.. I tried without my back protector in and it was tight! I wasn't wearing undersuit at that point so it's my only hope. It was borderline unbareable. I have a 52 eu but I think with back protector in it's gonna be too tight but time will tell. In short I think your experience is not typical. It sounds like someone returned the wrong item in the wrong package and it didn't get caught before re shipping to you. I thought they would all charge to return ship. Imo the discount they give is more important than a return shipping charge. But it does suck how much it cost to ship.. Good luck

They were the same price as everyone else ($199), so no discount there. I was just trying them out as an advertiser to see the quality of the service. Needless to say I was not thrilled. I guess I am spoiled by using the name brand companies that will do just about anything to keep your business. Free shipping both ways is more the norm, than the exception. I use Amazon Prime for that reason too. I also like Amazon because I can use my credit card points for just about anything there. I bought just about everything I needed for my Bonneville bike with points in 2013 and my wife was very happy with how little money I spent on the race bike. >:D

Reactions: ben1000z

·
Vendor
628 Posts

Please send me a PM with your information. I will take care of this in the morning for you regardless. If we made a mistake it is on our dime, if you need to exchange it you pay the shipping normally. - MIKE

·
Registered
202 Posts
There are literally 1000's of posts / threads on ZX10R.net about how great Riders Discount is. I don't recall ever seeing one bad thing written about them...........ever!

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Mike, I couldn't reach you when I called. I will call you tomorrow.

There we have it guys, problem solved. I appreciate Mike being so alert to the issue.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I too tried out Rider's Discount. I had specific desires in a leather jacket and I worked with Mike to fulfill those wants. He didn't have the jacket I really wanted but suggested a brand new product from RST. It was so new that no stock existed here in the US. Mike ordered it from England and after the slow boat from China arrived, the jacket was in my hands.

What a beautiful product! It is the cat's meow and proved to be exactly what I wanted and for a cost that is considerably less then comparable product from Alpine Stars or Dainese.

But, you knew there had to be something didn't you? The jacket was waaay to small for me. Fast forward here, past a couple of exchanges with Mike, and he had Melinda send me a shipping label to get the jacket back to him. In addition, he's expediting a new replacement jacket.

I'd say that's great customer service!

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
880 that is great service and it sounds like they are doing their best to earn your trust and business.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

You don't need a form, just call and get a returned RA #. You might want to call Mike about it and see if he can get you a shipping label sent out with the new gloves so you don't have to pay for the return shipping.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts