Ninja H2 banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I saw RG take a untouched 2016 H2 that made a baseline hp of 184.69 and after he put his touches on it, the bike made 255.35 hp. A gain of roughly 70 hp. All the dyno graphs and video showing the gains from each step of the mods are coming soon.
Rickey first flashed the ECU after getting his baseline hp, after the flash, the bike made 218 hp. Keep in mind all the mods done today were with the stock exhaust.
Next he installed his RG62 kit, the bike went from 218 to 239 hp. My 2015 with a Brocks Stage 2 kit an Alien Head exhaust system made 238 on Rickey's dyno!
In an attempt to find more horsepower, Rickey & I were discussing the air filter today. He installed a DNA filter and modded it a little and did a bit of tuning , then the bike went from 239 hp to 256 hp!!! That's crazy..
So from start to finish today Rickey took a bone stock 2016 H2 that made 184 hp, flashed the ECU, added his RG62 Kit and modded the air filter to get a final result of 256 hp!! I believe he'll pick up a few more hp after a little more fine tuning.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Today I saw RG take a untouched 2016 H2 that made a baseline hp of 184.69 and after he put his touches on it, the bike made 255.35 hp. A gain of roughly 70 hp. All the dyno graphs and video showing the gains from each step of the mods are coming soon.
Rickey first flashed the ECU after getting his baseline hp, after the flash, the bike made 218 hp. Keep in mind all the mods done today were with the stock exhaust.
Next he installed his RG62 kit, the bike went from 218 to 239 hp. My 2015 with a Brocks Stage 2 kit an Alien Head exhaust system made 238 on Rickey's dyno!
In an attempt to find more horsepower, Rickey & I were discussing the air filter today. He installed a DNA filter and modded it a little and did a bit of tuning , then the bike went from 239 hp to 256 hp!!! That's crazy..
So from start to finish today Rickey took a bone stock 2016 H2 that made 184 hp, flashed the ECU, added his RG62 Kit and modded the air filter to get a final result of 256 hp!! I believe he'll pick up a few more hp after a little more fine tuning.
Hey! My California H2 might do well at Mojave come October!:D

·
Registered
53 Posts
Here is the video:

http://youtu.be/AMnVADI-vi8

·
Registered
39 Posts
That's awesome Rickey! Some of us are looking for 250+ with stock exhaust. Can't wait to see final details etc...

In the video Rickey seems to say the 255 hp run was without a filter whereas the description says it was with a modded DNA filter.

Rickey or N2MPH can you clarify?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
In the video Rickey seems to say the 255 hp run was without a filter whereas the description says it was with a modded DNA filter.

Rickey or N2MPH can you clarify?

Your correct Seecamp380 , sorry for the confusion. I misspoke (got a little excited) lol . The filter was infact removed.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Thanks N2MPH. Would have been nice to see the numbers with DNA filter, 87 pump gas, ecu flash, tuning and the rg62 perf plus kit.... Maybe 1/3 or 1/2 way between the Filter in number and filter missing number.....

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Thanks N2MPH. Would have been nice to see the numbers with DNA filter, 87 pump gas, ecu flash, tuning and the rg62 perf plus kit.... Maybe 1/3 or 1/2 way between the Filter in number and filter missing number.....
I haven't seen anyone tune on 87 Octane. The bike made 239 hp with the RG62 Performance Plus kit, the filter in, pump gas, ecu flashed and stock exhaust. I'm impressed.

Kits can be ordered at Www.rickey-gadson.com

·
Registered
60 Posts
Forgive my ignorance but why would anyone tune on lower octane gas?

Also, Ricky, in the video you took the bike from being completely stock to having your kit but on your store page you state BPP Stage 2 as a pre-req for the RG62 kit. I'm confused :/

·
Registered
53 Posts
Forgive my ignorance but why would anyone tune on lower octane gas?

Also, Ricky, in the video you took the bike from being completely stock to having your kit but on your store page you state BPP Stage 2 as a pre-req for the RG62 kit. I'm confused :/
Sorry for the confusion but what my site says is:
to achieve the performance level as the bike I was using to test with, it required the use of Brocks stage 2 kit.
No ones ever performed this type of test on a stocker so I didn't know what to expect before I did the test

·
Registered
265 Posts
So nothing to do with the clutch? Also how does DNA air filter compare to BMC in terms of quality?
No mods for the clutch are included. About the filter I have a DNA filter and for me is super good in quality so as in performance. I didn't see the BMC for the H2, so I can't say nothing about it, but I used them in the past in other bikes without issues.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I been using BMC race filter in my zx10 for the past 9yrs, and really like it. I was looking to get one for my H2 as well. I seen on BMC's website they do have one available for the H2 but you can't purchase it from them directly. You have to purchase it thru a authorized dealer. I sent them a email on where can I purchase it? But still no response...

No mods for the clutch are included. About the filter I have a DNA filter and for me is super good in quality so as in performance. I didn't see the BMC for the H2, so I can't say nothing about it, but I used them in the past in other bikes without issues.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts