Ninja H2 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
What is best way to remove the warning decals without damaging the painted surface.:)
The tank decals peal right off in one piece without leaving glue behind, the sooner you remove them the better. The ones on the plastic chain guard come off w/ a little more effort but clean up easy w/ undue or similar stuff. The ones on the swing arm are a bitch. I got one off, haven't tried to do the 2nd one yet.

·
Registered
577 Posts
The tank decals peal right off in one piece without leaving glue behind, the sooner you remove them the better. The ones on the plastic chain guard come off w/ a little more effort but clean up easy w/ undue or similar stuff. The ones on the swing arm are a bitch. I got one off, haven't tried to do the 2nd one yet.
Has anyone had any issues with discolouration of the paintwork after removing the tank warning decals (ie the area where the sticker was is a different shade to the rest of the tank) ?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Removing Decals

Take a regular hairdryer and warm up the decal. Comes right off. Did it on my H2 in 30 seconds. See Youtube videos to support process.

There is a slight paint shadowing after removal of stickers, however shadow disappears after a few weeks: blends in with paint exposed to sun.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Remove any residue with WD 40 by spraying onto finger and gently rubbing until it's all gone .

This is my adhesive remover of choice too. One time we installed a new chandelier with a hundred little crystals hanging down. They all had stupid adhesive tags. Tried Windex first, then ammonia, then lacquer thinner, then Berryman's Chemtool. Finally the glass guy said to use WD40 - just amazing.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
The tank labels pealed right off for me (no heat needed) in one piece w/ no adhesive left behind, sure they realized most would pull these off first so designed the stickers to be easily removed. The one on the swing arm I needed a heat gun in lowest setting doing it extremely carefully & w/ UNDU adhesive remover was still pita.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
A friend turned me on to this stuff, never looked back, it's designed to remove the glue from labels, stickers. Doesn't leave behind anything oily either. It's what I use on all my windshields too for registration, inspection stickers. The attached plastic scraper helped w/ the swing arm sticker.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts