Ninja H2 banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everyone,

I think it would be worth understanding model differences between the various regions in the World.

In order to do that, we need to collect H2/H2R parts manuals from several Countries and compare the part codes to begin tracking the various unique parts that are installed on our bikes.

In the past I have done this for other bikes, and that led (sometimes) to understanding how to modify models from Countries that had specific restrictions to have the configuration of parts with the overall least restrictions.

I recall someone writing that in his region the H2 and H2R have a larger amount of different parts than what I can discover by reading the parts manuals that I have, therefore I would invite anyone who has a chance to see a parts manual in their regions to get in touch with me, and I will start composing a spreadsheet to document the differences.

I hope this is of interest.

Frio

·
Registered
574 Posts
Yes, I am curious about why the SE Asia model has more power than the US model. I can assume it is ECU, related, but the part numbers would clarify this.

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
Everyone,

I think it would be worth understanding model differences between the various regions in the World.

In order to do that, we need to collect H2/H2R parts manuals from several Countries and compare the part codes to begin tracking the various unique parts that are installed on our bikes.

In the past I have done this for other bikes, and that led (sometimes) to understanding how to modify models from Countries that had specific restrictions to have the configuration of parts with the overall least restrictions.

I recall someone writing that in his region the H2 and H2R have a larger amount of different parts than what I can discover by reading the parts manuals that I have, therefore I would invite anyone who has a chance to see a parts manual in their regions to get in touch with me, and I will start composing a spreadsheet to document the differences.

I hope this is of interest.

Frio
A super, super idea Frio!

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, now let's see who is going to help :)

I have one parts manual for the H2 and one for the H2R, unfortunately I have no way of knowing which region they refer to.

One initial piece of information from anyone who already removed their ECU to flash it: did you note down the part number? I may be stamped on the ECU case...

Frio

·
Registered
248 Posts
Thanks, now let's see who is going to help :)

I have one parts manual for the H2 and one for the H2R, unfortunately I have no way of knowing which region they refer to.

One initial piece of information from anyone who already removed their ECU to flash it: did you note down the part number? I may be stamped on the ECU case...

Frio
If you acquired the [email protected] and H2R parts manual from here (ninjah2.org), chances are it is US region. The easiest way to determine is to look for something like this: Fuel Evaporative System(CA). This normally indicates US region and seeing how I'm in TX and have a CA emission bike, that lead me to believe all H2 and H2R in US region are CA (California) spec.

For ECU P/N, try and reach out to 650ib, Brock or Guhl. I know 650ib was one of the first few to get ECU flashed. I'd believe those would be US region p/n. 880turbo and garth285 might be of some help as well.

As far as parts goes, the believe the difference would be H2 vs H2R and CA spec (US region) vs Non-CA spec (the rest of the world). Now as far a power, I'd say ECU is key and i'd think all the same p/n but something else on it determining region (i.e. p/n:1234567-001 = region A and p/n:1234567-002 = region B and p/n:1234567-003 = region C)

This would be very interesting to find out though. I know awhile back I put up a difference in physical specs between the H2 vs H2R (weight, height, sprocket, etc).

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you acquired the [email protected] and H2R parts manual from here (ninjah2.org), chances are it is US region. The easiest way to determine is to look for something like this: Fuel Evaporative System(CA). This normally indicates US region and seeing how I'm in TX and have a CA emission bike, that lead me to believe all H2 and H2R in US region are CA (California) spec.

For ECU P/N, try and reach out to 650ib, Brock or Guhl. I know 650ib was one of the first few to get ECU flashed. I'd believe those would be US region p/n. 880turbo and garth285 might be of some help as well.

As far as parts goes, the believe the difference would be H2 vs H2R and CA spec (US region) vs Non-CA spec (the rest of the world). Now as far a power, I'd say ECU is key and i'd think all the same p/n but something else on it determining region (i.e. p/n:1234567-001 = region A and p/n:1234567-002 = region B and p/n:1234567-003 = region C)

This would be very interesting to find out though. I know awhile back I put up a difference in physical specs between the H2 vs H2R (weight, height, sprocket, etc).
Having done this work for other bikes in the past, there can be way more region-specific parts than people imagine, for example there are bikes that have 5-6 different ECUs part numbers around the World.

If anyone in Europe (Illuzion Ninja? SharfSharf? Anyone from the UK or Italy? ) can help with this it would be great...

Someone (from Italy) posted that they have seen different part numbers between H2 and H2R than the rest of us have seen, can someone please come forward and give us the numbers?

Frio

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Is this photo any use?

It's the ECU from my UK spec H2 - but I'm not sure whether Don Guhl has obscured any required information with his label.

The part number is 21175-0987. The first five characters may be the part itself and the last four may be regional information? The serial number is elsewhere on the unit.

The parts list pdf I have a copy of is the USA one (I'm fairly sure) and the ECU numbers it gives are 21175-0956 and 21175-0963.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Is this photo any use?

It's the ECU from my UK spec H2 - but I'm not sure whether Don Guhl has obscured any required information with his label.

The part number is 21175-0987. The first five characters may be the part itself and the last four may be regional information? The serial number is elsewhere on the unit.

The parts list pdf I have a copy of is the USA one (I'm fairly sure) and the ECU numbers it gives are 21175-0956 and 21175-0963.
This is interesting information. The first five numbers are the part number itself, the other four are likely model number, e.g. a SKU.
The US H2R parts list has a different number for ECU as well: 21175-0965

Given that Brock has already had your ECU (UK) and others in his shop, it would be good to ask him whether he could see any differences in the OEM maps on your ECU vs. the OEM maps on a US-spec ECU, which has a different part number...

Frio

·
Registered
317 Posts
This is interesting information. The first five numbers are the part number itself, the other four are likely model number, e.g. a SKU.
The US H2R parts list has a different number for ECU as well: 21175-0965

Given that Brock has already had your ECU (UK) and others in his shop, it would be good to ask him whether he could see any differences in the OEM maps on your ECU vs. the OEM maps on a US-spec ECU, which has a different part number...

Frio
can't find the part no. with #965 at the end

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts