Ninja H2 banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys I wanted to give you a quick heads up I was out for a ride yesterday on the H2. While I was riding somehow the wires that go to the rectifier got caught in the fan and cut them. It wound up discharging m guys I wanted to give you a quick heads up I was out for a ride yesterday on the H2. While I was riding somehow the wires that go to the rectifier got caught in the fan and cut them. y battery and I got stuck on the side of the road......so if you've had your side fairings off just be carful and make sure they can't get into the fan. I never saw this one coming. Thank God I wasI was w I was close by to the house and with a buddy. I took his bike road it home and grabbed my trailer with my H2 Pit Bull trailer restraint and is wasn't an issue....... Took my a out 15 mins to fine the problem and fix it but just a hassle that can be avoided.....

·
Registered
105 Posts
So, are you saying that you disturbed the wires by removing / replacing the cowling? If we havent removed our cowlings we should be OK?

·
Registered
574 Posts
You remember all those fasteners under the fairing that seem to hold the wire harness for no reason, guess there was a reason. Always makes me remember that great line from the Cheers TV show when Woody (the idiot) said he learned that flammable and inflammable meant the same thing. Guess those engineers had a reason for that pain-in-the-butt-to-fasten connectors. I am going to check this tomorrow to make sure it doesn't happen to me. Sorry it happened to you, but at least it wasn't too much of an inconvenience for you.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I had my bike's bodywork off recently. The side panels, the top inner panels and the fairing itself so that I could get to the ECU. I knew it would be a couple of weeks before the ECU returned and I could put everything back, so I put the fasteners from each panel into a separate pot and labelled them all. Then I put it all neatly away in the garage.

I'm happy to say that it all made sense when I came to replace it all and I had nothing left over. Thanks for the heads up Somefun, I'll look out for any stray cables but so far everything's good.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah I've had mine off a few times now and didn't see this one coming but thankfully it was really no big deal and I had the pit bull set up which made life much better. I hate strapping bikes down with the ratchet straps with the compression of the forks....drives me nuts lol

Reactions: SilverbirdH2
1 - 8 of 8 Posts