Ninja H2 banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To change the rear sprocket...
After the snap ring is removed, what tool is used to remove the rear axle nut?
Is it a special socket of some kind?

·
Registered
90 Posts
I used a regular 6 point socket however I heard you can remove the small bolts around the perimeter which looks like it's possible and you have to remove anyway

·
Registered
867 Posts
You don't need to take the wheeel off to change the rear sprocket.

Reactions: Jeffro and racer172

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Like Somefun said: put the bike on a rear paddock stand, remove the small plastic guard which is under the swing-arm on the sprocket side, slacken off the chain adjuster and then undo the five sprocket nuts from the inside. It comes right off but you'll need to drop the bike off the stand briefly to swap the sprocket - ten minute job.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you all for your replies!

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's a 12 point 46mm socket. 24mm allen to other side as backup.
I'm just about to go buy the 46mm socket, but before I do I wanted to ask if the 24mm allen wrench is needed? If so where does it go? I don't see anyplace where it would be used. thnx

·
Registered
265 Posts
I'm just about to go buy the 46mm socket, but before I do I wanted to ask if the 24mm allen wrench is needed? If so where does it go? I don't see anyplace where it would be used. thnx
The 24mm allen goes inside the axle (on the center of the wheel) from the right side of the bike. It's used to prevent the wheel to rotate while loosening or thightening the nut from the other side. You can try different methods, (holding the brake, blocking the wheel) but with the allen is much easier.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The 24mm allen goes inside the axle (on the center of the wheel) from the right side of the bike. It's used to prevent the wheel to rotate while loosening or thightening the nut from the other side. You can try different methods, (holding the brake, blocking the wheel) but with the allen is much easier.
ok, got it. thanks for the pics to, that helps!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts