Ninja H2 banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you have to remove the tail section to get to the two lower bolts on the mud guard assembly?

If not, how do you gain access?

I tried a socket - but not enough room.

I tried an angled hex - wont grip the bolt enough to undo.

What a PITA.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Hey mate it may be a pain but if you look closely and perhaps with a torch it will become a little clearer of how to remove. I did mine not long ago just persist and it will be sweet.
Good luck with it
Jeffro ;)

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
You can get them out with an allen key. They are thread-locked so a little stiff to undo and the lower ones are hard to get at unless you have small hands but it is possible. I used an angled key to free off the initial tightness and then a ball-ended key.

I remove this piece with the number plate and indicators every time I go to an LSR meeting, then re-fit afterwards. It gets easier with practice.

·
Registered
891 Posts
as it turns out I happen to have mine apart right now so here's some pics.
These are the 5mm allen tools you'll need, the angle allen wrench you'll need for the 2 bottom bolts, the straight allen wrench use for the top bolts. Hint: for the bottom 2 bolts hold the allen wrench in place and use a socket wrench to remove the nuts from underneath.

even though my tail section is completely apart you don't need to remove any of the tail to get to these 4 bolts and drop the fender (eliminator in my case) off the bike.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Bolts-n-Nuts Organization

This thread brings me to a side-topic; How do you organize your bolts when you take apart your bike. Here is my method:

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I see you have a fender eliminator Terry. The stock part has bushes rather than nuts, so a spanner or socket wrench on the bottom is not possible.

Nice organisation of your nuts and bolts. When I sent off my ECU to Brock I left the bike apart and stored the various bits and pieces in the caps from old aerosol cans, each one labelled to identify the parts. I also photographed everything as I stripped it - just for the record.

Thumbnails: Ball-ended keys and a "real" Allen key from the Allen Key Co.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the advice!

I finally got it off this morning.

It has too much thread lock, and not enough work area.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
as it turns out I happen to have mine apart right now so here's some pics.
These are the 5mm allen tools you'll need, the angle allen wrench you'll need for the 2 bottom bolts, the straight allen wrench use for the top bolts. Hint: for the bottom 2 bolts hold the allen wrench in place and use a socket wrench to remove the nuts from underneath.

even though my tail section is completely apart you don't need to remove any of the tail to get to these 4 bolts and drop the fender (eliminator in my case) off the bike.

You need a Lithium battery:)

·
Registered
891 Posts
I see you have a fender eliminator Terry. The stock part has bushes rather than nuts, so a spanner or socket wrench on the bottom is not possible.
Oh yeah, LOL I forgot that. Fender elim was the first mod I did so it's been a while

Reactions: BobC

·
Registered
891 Posts

·
Registered
891 Posts
Reactions: Simon0721
1 - 14 of 14 Posts