Ninja H2 banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pretty pissed off :/ Some chick rear ended me this morning on my way into the office. I was completely stopped and she hit me while trying to aggressively go around me around 5-10MPH. Luckily I spilled the bike off on the left side so it's just cosmetic damage. I'm currently trying to price out all the parts but I'm having trouble finding the small fairing piece that goes attached to the left shroud. Anyone know what part # that is?

·
Registered
891 Posts
Anyone know what part # that is?
first of all that sucks man, sorry to hear it.
not sure which fairing part you are referring to but I guarantee you if you remove that fairing part and look on the inside of the fairing you will see the Kawi part # molded in the plastic.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Anyone know what part # that is?
first of all that sucks man, sorry to hear it.
not sure which fairing part you are referring to but I guarantee you if you remove that fairing part and look on the inside of the fairing you will see the Kawi part # molded in the plastic.
Looks like I had it confused; the front shroud is all one piece. I had been thinking the part that connects to it with two lines (right behind where the lower winglets would go) was another piece. I'll post pics of the damage online but right now in parts I think it's just under $5k

·
Registered
702 Posts
Looks like I had it confused; the front shroud is all one piece. I had been thinking the part that connects to it with two lines (right behind where the lower winglets would go) was another piece. I'll post pics of the damage online but right now in parts I think it's just under $5k
Really sad to hear this.

The positive is that whenever you are rear ended it's 100% fault of the other person. So you should get full $$$.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Ya...that piece is the side fairing.It's called a shroud(it will cost around 900 dollars,unless a parts house like Babbit's has them for less).If that got somehow pushed forward,it may have damaged the cowl.Hopefully not.Sorry to hear this.The side 'fairing' is also attached to the radiator.Is that tweaked also?She 'sideswiped' you starting at the rear there?The mirror stay inside the cowl didn't get cracked did it?Sounds terrible.5K in parts sounds pretty bad.Which side did she hit?Sitting on bike...left or right?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Click on H2. There are all the part numbers you will need.

OEM Parts : Babbitts Kawasaki Partshouse

Sorry about your bike. Post pics, I am sure we can identify the parts. I have taken both fairings apart from the inner liners. I might know the part you need.

NOLA
Ya...that piece is the side fairing.It's called a shroud(it will cost around 900 dollars,unless a parts house like Babbit's has them for less).If that got somehow pushed forward,it may have damaged the cowl.Hopefully not.Sorry to hear this.The side 'fairing' is also attached to the radiator.Is that tweaked also?She 'sideswiped' you starting at the rear there?The mirror stay inside the cowl didn't get cracked did it?Sounds terrible.5K in parts sounds pretty bad.Which side did she hit?Sitting on bike...left or right?
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/03md04dw20ydhr5/AAAEnLzNA_6VDm4wRgmtJfXJa?dl=0

Damage pics there :/ lower shroud, the air tube to the SC, Generator cover, lower cowl piece under that, mirror assembly, foot rest, kick stand, rear tail assembly and left cover, tail light, yosh fender eliminator

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
It actually looks okay in the sense that is IS only cosmetic.I'm not seein 5k worth of panels replacement.I'd say,keep the kickstand.Maybe check up where the mirror attachment is.Are there any cracks in the cowl right there?The upper cowl looks okay.Your spools saved the front.That rear nut is easily replaceable.Swingarm okay?Sorry again about this.It's a bummer,but not too terrible.Sand the lever and repaint.Same with the bar end.The mirror...sand lightly and touch up with some flat black if possible(using a small brush).JUST the scratches.It should look okay.Paint only the scratches.No one's gonna notice that.So it LOOKS like...one side fairing.One engine sidecover(which could also be smoothed and painted)to save ya some money.One Rear lamp.One left outer cover on the tail.An axle nut(which you could probably take off and buff out the scrapes).New slider up front.Shift mechanism okay?And the rear upper cowl...that okay?The footrest assembly looks okay to me.The toe nub there,that's replaceable.The shift assembly looks okay.
I just looked on Babbitt's.WOW...they sure increased the prices on the newer models.Side Fairing,1189 bucks.OUCH.I paid 900 and something for mine back in 2015(scraped it beyond help).

·
Registered
625 Posts
Panel prices are crazy but I wouldn't be touching up jack sh#t on a bike of this quality and value, I'd want new everything to put it back to pre accident condition. Not your fault so go for the claim and hopefully it's sorted. Very sorry to see your bike on its side, made me cringe. Keep us posted

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
393 Posts
Amazing and bad luck. I've had to replace my left panel TWICE in 12 months. once due to a **** in a van side swiping me. that cost me £850 with discount for a few parts but the left side panel was £750 on its own.
The second time it cost the dyno chap a panel after the strap in his van broke on the way from his Dyno. But he was honest and paid for it so it was just a pain but still expensive for him.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Their insurance is going to pay for all new everything.. no way I'm gonna be left with a bike like this with scratched up parts. I'll keep you guys posted on the situation -- dropping the bike off today at the shop along with Extreme Creations Intercooler Kit, Stage 2 Gears and Sato rearsets. Might as well knock everything out at once.

Reactions: h2madness!

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Wow, that first pic made me cringe....In the overall its not too many parts, and insurance will cover it.

NOLA

1 - 12 of 12 Posts