Ninja H2 banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My rear brake has developed a squeal, is it dust or what, does anybody else have this noise? I have tried working it hard but the problem is still there. Any ideas?

·
Registered
836 Posts
My rear brake has developed a squeal, is it dust or what, does anybody else have this noise? I have tried working it hard but the problem is still there. Any ideas?
Im assuming it’s not the same problem that I heard from a dealer years ago ? Apparently I novice took the bike back to the dealer complaining of a loud squealing noise whenever the rear brake was applied, The dealer took the bike up and down the road many times without duplicating the loud squeal finally after much frustration he stamped hard on the rear brake causing the tire to lock up and squeals loudly , the novice exclaimed “THATS IT ! “

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope, slowing to traffic lights at less than 10kmph. The only other squealing is me, 4th gear full throttle but I think I know how to fix that, concrete for breakfast to help me harden up!

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
It might be that the disc or the pads are glazed. This can happen if the brake is binding due to the piston sticking or your foot unintentionally dragging the brake as you ride.

It could also be a stone lodged in there but you would see a tell-tale score mark on the disc if it was that.

Take the rear wheel out and check that the piston is retracting easily and the condition of the other components.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
"It might be that the disc or the pads are glazed".

This is probably it.

I had a bit of that on my 14 a few times.What I did at least once that stopped it was apply the rear brake HARD like once or twice.That worked also.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts