Ninja H2 banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay...I'm gonna replace my rear sprocket here this week.I'm looking at the diagrams for this.

It says in there...to use a 35mm 12 point socket to remove the 'axle nut'.

I bought a 35 mm 12 point 1/2 inch drive socket.

Can someone explain to me HOW to fit this ANYWHERE on there?I looked twice at the axle.This socket is WAY too small(if they mean to put it on that larger nut).I didn't take anything off yet.The book shows removing the clip ring.Okay.Is there something UNDER that ring I'm not seeing?I have a 24mm allen that fits in the axle there.Use it to remove the front axle.It fits the back also.I have two identical 'allens" for both sides of the axles.

WHERE does a 35mm 12 point figure into this?:confused:

Thanks all....

That 'nut'(job) on there is WELL larger than a 35mm.You guys know how that front axle has that nut on the left side,and you turn that out (off the axle)...does this rear have the same type of 'nut' on there?It doesn't look like that large 12 point on there is gonna allow the coupling to pull away.

Anyone?Anyone at all;)

·
Registered
243 Posts
Okay...I'm gonna replace my rear sprocket here this week.I'm looking at the diagrams for this.

Can someone explain to me HOW to fit this ANYWHERE on there?I looked twice at the axle.This socket is WAY too small(if they mean to put it on that larger nut).I didn't take anything off yet.The book shows removing the clip ring.Okay.Is there something UNDER that ring I'm not seeing?I have a 24mm allen that fits in the axle there.Use it to remove the front axle.It fits the back also.I have two identical 'allens" for both sides of the axles.

Thanks all....

That 'nut'(job) on there is WELL larger than a 35mm.You guys know how that front axle has that nut on the left side,and you turn that out (off the axle)...does this rear have the same type of 'nut' on there?It doesn't look like that large 12 point on there is gonna allow the coupling to pull away.

Anyone?Anyone at all;)
check your pm.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Did this turn out to be a 46mm 12pt? That is an odd socket....and 3/4" drive. Looks like a new socket and 3/4 torque wrench. Ouch. Maybe $500 for the wrench alone...for a decent quality, name-brand...

·
Registered
211 Posts
Thanks, but I'd like to know for sure before I order. If I don't get a response, I'll just order both 45/46, no big deal....

·
Registered
317 Posts

Thanks all....

Anyone?Anyone at all;)

the 24 ALLEN KEY CAN FIT THE REAR????????

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think it's the same size as that front axle allen(I have a 1/2 inch drive two ended 'wrench'(looks like a stepped solid socket) that fits those allen holes).Black metal.One for each side.1/2 inch drive.Guess you'd call it an axle socket?

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Are you sure you even have to remove the wheel to change the sprocket? The wheel comes off to the right of the bike and leaves the hub and sprocket assembly on the bike. The sprocket comes off to the left. Slacken the chain, take off the chain guard and remove the bolts holding the sprocket onto the hub and it will fall off.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I think it's the same size as that front axle allen(I have a 1/2 inch drive two ended 'wrench'(looks like a stepped solid socket) that fits those allen holes).Black metal.One for each side.1/2 inch drive.Guess you'd call it an axle socket?
just take a measurement, (allen key)22 for front and 24 for rear (sprocket side), 46 box(sprocket side also)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts