Ninja H2 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys just wanted to let you know I just installed the Brembo front brake RCS19 Master cylinder and the 16RCS for the clutch. they both are great! the front brakes are way better and the clutch pull is definitely lighter. The clutch feels real good but I think it can be better so I jumped in and now purchased a RCS19 for the clutch also. My hope is that its even a lighter pull and then I'll add my Brocks HD springs..... I'll keep you guys up to speed!

Cheers!

·
Registered
415 Posts
Is the brake M/C upgrade with stock everything else? Or have you also done changes to pads/calipers etc.?

I find the stock setup on mine has good feel without initial harsh bite, and progressive action on harder brake application, but I do notice (especially on the track last November) and a couple of "rapid deployment" of brakes on road for various reasons, that it does require a firm grip. I have an A1 ZX12R that I put later model radial brake mount forks on, with ZX14 nissin calipers, braided lines and radial M/C, that bike brakes very well and I think may even have a better rapid braking action than the H2! Not saying the brakes are better than Brembo, just that it requires less input and still has good progression without harsh bite.

How much did it cost you? If I were to go this way I would only be looking at an M/C upgrade and maybe different pads once the stock ones are done.

Cheers,

Don.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I added a Brembo RCS19 and that was it. It definitely feels solid and consistent. I'm going to install the RCS19 clutch master cylinder tomorrow. Can't wait to feel the difference ����

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok so I installed the Brembo RCS19 clutch master cylinder and it's a no go. Way harder than the RCS16. I thought I would give you t a try but that's not the way to go. With the 16 it's just like my 1299SA or maybe even lighter but the only way to get it even less is the 2016 set up or the Sato slave cylinder.... I'm good for now but wanted to try n see how it went.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts