Ninja H2 banner

Rain mode won't turn off.

5K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  Iván 
#1 ·
I'm on a 2017 H2 with a standard Guhl Motors ECU flash, wen't for the first ride of the season and found my battery was drained. I used my Ctek 3300 to trickle charge it, the battery came back to full charge after 18 hours and the bike started, but rain mode would not disengage. When I access the mode menu the rain option shows only 3 dashes (- - -) instead of the normal ON or OFF which change with the up or down buttons.I disconnected the battery and also tried resting the gauge cluster, but I'm stuck on rain mode. The ABS, check engine, and the caution lights are on. does anyone know what to do? Would a new battery solve the problem?

#2 ·
I was/am having nearly the same issues with my H2 after the engine rebuild. The battery had been left too long without a charge. The bike initially would not start and remain in similar mode as yours with flashing gauge warnings etc. I did a long recharge of the battery and the bike started normally. However, every now and then when I go to start it the gauges with show the same KLCM and Rain mode etc. as before, but another jab on the starter and it goes away.

My take on it is that the battery has been left too long uncharged in the first place, and now cannot hold a deep charge for long. and would likely need replacing very soon.

On that note, what is other's experience with Lithium batteries been like?

Don.

#4 ·
My 2015 is on the original battery but I can tell it is nearing replacement as if I forget to hook it up to the trickle charger the starter is sluggish but I’ve yet to experience dash problems . Having said that a few owners have dash light problems once their batteries have become drained so for the cost of a new battery I would replace it , unless you get a better answer from an owner who has had and fixed the same problem with another method.
Try charging it again as H2015 says before buying new though .

#6 ·
Maybe try holding in the button for two or so seconds.I somehow entered rain mode(dash icon)recently.I held the button down for a few seconds.It cleared and has been fine ever since.Bike was in neutral and running.(button meaning the selector up/down grey buttons).On left handlebar.If you just press the button,it'll move to the next display.You have to hold it in for a few seconds.It should go out.

#9 · (Edited)
Ohhh...okay.So you need to get to that 'menu' for the different 'hard settings'.Hold that button in again til it switches to 'on/off'.The owners manual has how to get there and what to press.Ya probably already looked there.I think you may have missed something in being able to switch it on/off.The right switch group I think has the correct button(mode).

Page 126 user manual.Also Page 56.Pg 126..'hold the upper button'(display on outer ring of left dash displays)...if it's on,close throttle.Press upper button till it goes out.I did this accidently the time I enabled it(accidently).

#10 ·
BTW.That 'rain' display isn't affirming it's in rain mode.That's only telling you where you're at in the display sequence.If it's in rain mode,the white umbrella will be lit on the circular meter display.If it is'n't showing,you're NOT in rain mode.Doesn't look like it's showing in your pic there.So you're good ta go!You do have to close the throttle however if you decide you want to change 'on/off' setting(s).

#12 · (Edited)
In the manual it mentions blinking icons and what they mean.My rain mode meter icon stayed on...it wasn't blinking.I just had the throttle closed then happened to push and hold the either up button or the down button.I can't remember now.But whatever i did,it went out.How can you tell it's running in rain mode?Have you tried gettin on it?It should have significantly less kick to it.

Page 46 in the owner's manual says a blinking lamp means a malfunction of the 'rain mode' system.Maybe try cycling the key several times.It might possibly be a saved code in there that hasn't cleared yet.The 14r has similar meter deals.By cycling the key(several times)sometimes it'll clear any code that's still being pesky.

#13 ·
That mode button is on the right switchgroup.Then you use the left up/down buttons to scroll on through.You probably did this.Just follow the manual's instructions in there.I don't think doing any of this is while it's running.I'd just have the key 'on'.

Did you say you had this flashed?If so,maybe call the guy and ask him about it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.