Ninja H2 banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody using a radar detector on their H2? I find myself being more and more concerned with getting busted on this bike. It is just so much fun to twist the grip. I have not used a radar detector in 25+ years and just don't know if they are any good or not, now days.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Haven't looked at it for a while now...but you have(I think)to run the hotwire to a keyed source...I should correct that....I ran the accessory speaker...120 db one to the keyed power line in the brake circuit.Grounded that.Then ran the detector power cord(the smartcord)hot lead to the battery...naturally,I grounded that as well.I didn't want to cut a bunch of wires...the detector will stay on if you turn the key off...but you can use the detector power button to shut it off.If you forget to shut it off after you turn the key off...you will end up with a dead battery.So you have to make sure of this.The smartcord I then coiled in the battery space.I may not have had to use the smartcord...but you have to use it(i think)to power the detector.It works fine...My accsessory speaker I mounted nestled in behind the harness at the nose there,on the center right side in there.Kinda used the harness to secure it.I didn't want to try and fit the speaker with that small bracket that comes with it.

I should say...My bike(the H2)MAY be impounded...for how long I don't know yet.Driving too fast with like two previous 'wreckless driving' convictions from last year(speeding).I gotta go to court on Wednesday...I'm not riding over there.Just in case...Gotta talk to my dealer...maybe he'll store it for me,and I'll just tell em that bike not here anymore.We'll see.I don't know if they can FORCE me to cough the bike up...or if I would even have to say where it is(if it goes that far).This is a REAL bummer...

MAYBE a year suspension...God I hope not but doesn't look good.Gonna get a lawyer for this....wish me luck.I am totally bummed...

·
Registered
587 Posts
Haven't looked at it for a while now...but you have(I think)to run the hotwire to a keyed source...I should correct that....I ran the accessory speaker...120 db one to the keyed power line in the brake circuit.Grounded that.Then ran the detector power cord(the smartcord)hot lead to the battery...naturally,I grounded that as well.I didn't want to cut a bunch of wires...the detector will stay on if you turn the key off...but you can use the detector power button to shut it off.If you forget to shut it off after you turn the key off...you will end up with a dead battery.So you have to make sure of this.The smartcord I then coiled in the battery space.I may not have had to use the smartcord...but you have to use it(i think)to power the detector.It works fine...My accsessory speaker I mounted nestled in behind the harness at the nose there,on the center right side in there.Kinda used the harness to secure it.I didn't want to try and fit the speaker with that small bracket that comes with it.

I should say...My bike(the H2)MAY be impounded...for how long I don't know yet.Driving too fast with like two previous 'wreckless driving' convictions from last year(speeding).I gotta go to court on Wednesday...I'm not riding over there.Just in case...Gotta talk to my dealer...maybe he'll store it for me,and I'll just tell em that bike not here anymore.We'll see.I don't know if they can FORCE me to cough the bike up...or if I would even have to say where it is(if it goes that far).This is a REAL bummer...

MAYBE a year suspension...God I hope not but doesn't look good.Gonna get a lawyer for this....wish me luck.I am totally bummed...
Well I'll keep my incessant questions to a minimum... That sucks man.. I got a ticket on the 10 on the first ride this year. Very first ride. 90 in a 45 I was going faster but i think penalties are worse at 2x speed limit plus so he did me favor. I've lost my license 3 times because of liter bikes... sucks man good luck

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Thank you...80 in a 45(which we as sportbikers know is really NOT unsafe in light traffic flow)...It's a big open road as I said.....I don't think he radared me...I would have heard most likely.It was like at 1030 or so at night...open road...VERY limited traffic...four lane with a large median in the center.No way could I have hit anyone.IDK...hope it all works out.I seriously concerned about this.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Some cops have radar detector detectors, so you guys might have to keep that in mind. Not sure if some radar tech is so sophisticated that they cannot be picked up but still something to look out for.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Thank you...80 in a 45(which we as sportbikers know is really NOT unsafe in light traffic flow)...It's a big open road as I said.....I don't think he radared me...I would have heard most likely.It was like at 1030 or so at night...open road...VERY limited traffic...four lane with a large median in the center.No way could I have hit anyone.IDK...hope it all works out.I seriously concerned about this.
The cop that got me thanked me 3 times for stopping. But I'm not sure if this is because I ran on them before... I got away with it because Leo wasn't ever behind me with flashing lights and sirens. I said I never saw them. I honestly expected your ticket to have been worse than mine. I didn't even need to go to court but I hadn't had a ticket in years.... The cops do the "point and click" technique where they just flip radar on grab your speed and shut it off.. Therefore never really giving your detector time to alert you.... The only way to catch it is to hear the intermittent beeps from them shooting other cars. I have a long line of evading speed traps lol

·
Registered
574 Posts
I use a Valentine One in my cars. I used to use an Passport on my GSXR's and plugged a single earphone into the remote speaker slot. The instant on radar has made it tougher for us to detect the police, so unless you are driving in traffic, they seem to nab you a bit easier. If you are facing a big ticket situation I would advise getting a good traffic lawyer. They know all the tricks and seem to do pretty well. As much as I dislike lawyers, I would rather pay them than to pay the city and the insurance companies.

·
Registered
288 Posts
If you get caught here in australia with a detector its a huge fine think around $3000.00 plus half of your demerit points and you loose the detector.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts