Ninja H2 banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys who is planning to try out there bikes a little this season
Several mile events already happened, Is it Loring this weekend ?

Bonneville speedweek is cancelled, but the BMST is still confident of a meet
Colorado is immediately after ,i hear there are a couple of bikes entered
and the list of venues goes on,

·
Registered
278 Posts
Oz, I'd hoped for an October meet at Mojave but early on it was announced there would be only one meet for 2015. The Mojave schedules aren't out yet for 2016 but April is being talked about. As of now, I'm planning on running my H2 and my Turbo bike at that April meet.

I do plan to run WOS this year if we have enough salt. No way am I going to run the H2 on the salt. Guess I'm one of those that wants to keep Mr. H2 pretty!

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dont blame you for that, be a very dedicated person to salt the H2
We entered for Colorado mile today , wish i could say it was with a H2, but it was either get the H2 or go LSR racing for the next couple of yrs, and i do like my adrenalin rush , just hope to get lucky and find a low mile H2 in a couple of years (and probably pay as much or more than new price )

·
Registered
210 Posts
some body needs to build a 20 mile straight paved road to be used for lsr if you build it they will come

·
Registered
574 Posts
All I can say about Bonneville is what a bitch. This is two years in a row. Will think about going to the salt for the AMA races in late August or the World Finals at the end of September. If not we may make the 1600 mile drive to Loring, Maine. Not looking forward to the drive to the NE due to traffic, at least going out west there are lots of wide open spaces.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
For those who were planning Bonneville or just want to run at an airstrip, SCTA are considering running a meeting at Mojave , its not limited to current entries of the cancelled meeting, but you would need to join BNI/SCTA

They need 160 entrys to make this happen

Quote from Dean S on the suzukihayabusa.org forum

There is a survey on the SCTA site considering a standing mile meet at Mojave for Aug 7-9. This would give the international folks (or anyone else, maybe including those not registered at SW) a place to run, even if it isn't for SCTA records. It's a great idea, but wouldn't make sense for me.

Mojave Mile Survey

·
Registered
574 Posts
I am thinking about it, but that is an even longer drive for me. The lack of records is also an issue. I am looking at a dual options for the next two events at Bonneville. If the BMST event or World finals are canceled, then I am off to Loring and Ohio.

·
Registered
867 Posts
All I can say about Bonneville is what a bitch. This is two years in a row. Will think about going to the salt for the AMA races in late August or the World Finals at the end of September. If not we may make the 1600 mile drive to Loring, Maine. Not looking forward to the drive to the NE due to traffic, at least going out west there are lots of wide open spaces.
Loring ME is this weeken..... I'm heading out for Cross-country ride so I won't be able to make it if they but still have one in September I will go for sure....

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I have often thought of shipping our bikes to the east coast instead of the west and starting the season at Loring then doing Speedweek and missing the later events
whatever we do has to be packed into a 3-4 week window

i see a H2 and 2x H2R in the Colorado entry list

·
Registered
94 Posts
Excellent! Hey, can bikes run in the Silver State Rally? I was up for going to the Sun Valley Rally, but the price for a single run was pretty high.

·
Registered
574 Posts
I read this morning that the Bonneville Speed Trials that we used to know as the AMA, or BUB event is still on. They are planning to have it 8/29 thru 9/3. This is a motorcycle only event. I have never raced with them before as I prefer to go when all the cars are there, but any race is better than no race. If they have a course longer than 2 miles, it should be a lot of fun. My backup plan will be the race in Loring, Maine the following week. If I am really lucky I can talk my wife into a 4800 mile detour on the way home from Nevada and catch the races in Maine.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Ok guys who is planning to try out there bikes a little this season
Several mile events already happened, Is it Loring this weekend ?

Bonneville speedweek is cancelled, but the BMST is still confident of a meet
Colorado is immediately after ,i hear there are a couple of bikes entered
and the list of venues goes on,
Tried my H2 over the mile at Elvington in July. Best was 202.
Next meeting for me will be in September, a little more power than last time so hopefully quicker if the conditions are good.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Looks like an interesting rally Larry , seen footage from a cars view pretty full on , Guess you would have to raise the question with the organisers

Ed i am watching the BMST updates and the Cook updates, Cook is planning a private meet on the 17th and had 10 miles of salt before last fridays rain

BMST best point , you can ride out to the start and back from the finish

Have you tried the ERC fuel in the H2 yet , had a surprise lately when i put pump gas in my bikes for general starting and moving around and they ran rich as **** , tuned for ERC A8D and not realised how much the fuel had changed from the old formula A8C,

Bob have you tried lifting your backside to level your back once your stable in top gear , its usually worth a couple of mph on the salt, jockey crouch ..

Reading comments about the Mojave mile it looks like i misheard the speed, 214 not 216 and be the H2R non bock posted links to and i think the fastest piston engine bike at the meet (electric bike went a mile or 2 faster but have had about 5 yrs more development time in LSR)

·
Registered
574 Posts
Looks like an interesting rally Larry , seen footage from a cars view pretty full on , Guess you would have to raise the question with the organisers

Ed i am watching the BMST updates and the Cook updates, Cook is planning a private meet on the 17th and had 10 miles of salt before last fridays rain

BMST best point , you can ride out to the start and back from the finish

Have you tried the ERC fuel in the H2 yet , had a surprise lately when i put pump gas in my bikes for general starting and moving around and they ran rich as **** , tuned for ERC A8D and not realised how much the fuel had changed from the old formula A8C,

Bob have you tried lifting your backside to level your back once your stable in top gear , its usually worth a couple of mph on the salt, jockey crouch ..

Reading comments about the Mojave mile it looks like i misheard the speed, 214 not 216 and be the H2R non bock posted links to and i think the fastest piston engine bike at the meet (electric bike went a mile or 2 faster but have had about 5 yrs more development time in LSR)

Oz, not sure about which fuel to use yet. I have used the ERC 110K and that is what they suggested, but I am also considering the A-19A. It is about $300 to have a bucket shipped so I thought I would tune with VP C12 or VP110, which are both close in octane, specific gravity and rvp. I used MS100 at Ohio.

Not sure about Cook's deal, I thought that was more of a cost sharing deal.

I like the idea of riding around the course at BMST, but I admit I sorta enjoy sitting in the truck in the AC and towing the bike rather than standing in the heat and pushing it. I have a big enclosed trailer and just roll the bike off at the last second and jump on and go. People also do not understand the scale of things at Bonneville about how huge it is. In 2013 we had to go about 3 miles to get to the pits. Then it was another couple miles to the starting line and then a 2 to 3 hour wait to run. I really only use the pit to store the bikes and trailer at night and try to do all of my work while I am in line. We usually eat in the truck and there are plenty of very clean porta potties around also. The point I am trying to get across is you can't take much with you on the bike, so you have to have a support vehicle anyway, so why not tow it? If the lines were short and you were right at the pits it would be different, some sort of messaging system that said "be there in 15 minutes" would be great.

Do we know what bike ran 214, was it an H2R? If it was an H, then I have a lot of work to do.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hope your right and its a simple switch to the ERC
You can get Sonoco fuel in Salt lake city if needed but i dont know where you would find VP, must be there somewhere too but never needed it myself

Cooks is a largish fee , i still have a carryover pre entry from 2013 but dont think we have a combo this yr to beat our previous records so its not worth spending the money , but i am pretty happy with there description of the course they were preparing before the rain and that there still expecting to run on the 17th Aug as we use the same course for BMST long track

Riding BMST pregrid and return road is optional, there is a good chase vehicle track between the two courses with observers every mile on this track and they all have water and shade if you have to wait for the chase vehicle , this year may be different track setup but i dont think they will stray far from the working model ,

·
Registered
574 Posts
Well my idea of racing at Bonneville and then on to Loring got messed up with the salt conditions. BMST is cancelled, so off to Loring we go. That is such a long drive, but the cool weather will be a nice change. Warp12, are you going to be there? Hope we have enough air up there to go fast.....haaaaaahaaaaa!

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Crying shame the condition of the salt this yr , hope the right people can get a better understanding of the dynamics of salt and water movement and make the right decisions or we will have nothing left

Good luck there Ed, Shane ? considered going to the July meet one year then back across to Speedweek ,

We are definitely going to Colorado now , seems like the braking area is going to be a bit tight, but i am liking the high altitude
then hopefully WOS and maybe El Mirage to round out our visit

·
Registered
574 Posts
Good luck in Colorado, be safe. I really hate short shut down areas, no matter how good your brakes are. The idea of going full throttle tucked in, to hitting the brakes and sitting up is just not very pretty.

I am still keeping my options open for World Finals, but it is just hard to get geared up for that after so many false starts. Hope you are able to get all three meets in.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts