Ninja H2 banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am working on my build and I am up to the point where I will decide what kind of fuel I will run for my 2015 H2. It will be doing mainly 1/4 mile runs with road runs sprinkled in between races. I will be running a power commander V with a map switch. The first tune will be using our 98 octane pump gas (premium fuel in Australia). The second one will be using race gas. I am partial to VP Racing fuels, so I am leaning toward MS109. I have also been researching running E85. Has anyone here run race fuel or E85 in their H2 when tuning? Thank for the input.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Who is tuning it ? e85 has a lot of potential for the $, but you need to check fuel system components for compatability, and capacity
Also where your sourcing the E85, pump if its still available in your area varies in its blend , in the can is consistant 85%

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I would be wary of E85, this is what page 87 of my H2 owner's manual says:

"Do not use any fuel that contains more ethanol or other oxygenates than specified for E10 fuel in this vehicle. Damage to the engine and fuel system, or engine starting and/or performance problems may result from the use of improper fuel."

So, according to Kawasaki themselves E10, 10% ethanol, is the maximum.

I saw some E85 experiments with a ZX14R reported last year, they made good power but I don't know how it concluded. I wouldn't risk my H2 on it, use a race fuel instead.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I have ran E85 in kawi's and suzukis with the only issue mainly being 1 inconsistant fuel mixes (not always 85% Ethanol) and 2 most fuel pumps cannot provide the flow you need. So in order to addure you wont gernade your 25k bikes engine you need to up the fuel pump by atleast 40%

I had a turbo busa that was running about 7psi and made 260hp on pump 93. When I switched over to E85 I made a little over 290hp so about 12% increase of power. If your H2 is making 250 or so with a flash you should be around 280hp or if your making 275hp you should be around 308hp - All assumptions that the fuel system can handle the demand of fuel.

Almost everyone running a twin turbo car (GTR, Lambo, Ferrari) are all on the E85 train. It makes power theres no doubt about it just a matter of making sure your not going to run out of fuel or injector. I dont know why no one has tuned on E85 yet or tried meth injection, theres plenty of power to be made when you already have a "built for boost" motor.

just my $0.02

1 - 4 of 4 Posts