Ninja H2 banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Search so far has come up short, used DP pads on my BMW S1000RR and Kawi ZX6, and like them a lot, but they don't have them yet, any luck with other brands out there ?

Rhody...

·
Registered
867 Posts
I'd love a set of EBC double sintered HH pads front & rear.....

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Brembo do lots of different track/race pad compounds... M50 calipers on the front?

That thought (Brembo) did cross my mind, just pondering after some hard front stops today, no chatter, etc... with the stock pads, I am wondering if something grippier will do bad things (like chatter) to the front that the abs is not capable of tamping down ? Can anyone who has done a track day on the stock or after market pads report if they are out there ?

Rhody...

·
Registered
79 Posts
Rhody... I run Brembo HH 'fast road' pads on my zx14 (aftermarket Brembo monoblocs) with zero ABS issues... Just awesome stopping... Stock H2 pads are HG apparently so would be worth changing.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Brembo do lots of different track/race pad compounds... M50 calipers on the front?
Is **** right on the front calipers being M50's? If so we could find the pads that way???

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
I think they are M50's,Pretty sure I remember reading that...may even have read it in the manual that came with our Ninjas.Under 'specs'.I would think EBC has some HH sintered for these?These calipers aren't the first to be produced.

·
Registered
867 Posts
I think they are M50's,Pretty sure I remember reading that...may even have read it in the manual that came with our Ninjas.Under 'specs'.I would think EBC has some HH sintered for these?These calipers aren't the first to be produced.
Not sure Silver.... I had sent them an e mail and never heard back from them. I will make some calls to try and confirm what model calipers we have and go from there.... I would replace the pads with HH double sintered pads if possible.

Reactions: SilverbirdH2

·
Registered
867 Posts
Trying to get through to Brembo now, will report back.

Rhody...
Ok let us know I'm in for front and rear sets if they have them...

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I got through to OPP racing, here is what they provided for the brembo pads...

OPP Racing Distribution LLC
304 Littlefield Ave
South San Francisco, CA 94080
P. 650-871-8801
[email protected]

This is the pad you want –FDB2218-XRAC our part number is 64171 . this pad has a more progressive feel as you get on the brakes we also have the FDB2218-ZRAC our part number is 212503 both retail at 119.95 per caliper and are thicker than the street pad. Thank you for your inquiry with oppracing.com we appreciate your business!

www.oppracing.com

Rhody...

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I am having trouble editing that post for some reason, I hope Ben meant per set and not per caliper, $240 for a set of pads seems a bit outrageous to me.

Rhody...

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
OPP Racing Distribution LLC
304 Littlefield Ave
South San Francisco, CA 94080
P. 650-871-8801
[email protected]
www.oppracing.com

Ben did some digging and found HH sintered pads for the M50 caliper for $84.80 a piece, the part # is 107988210
For street/track use, not racing pads but I will take advice from the posters in this thread.
I ordered a set 180 $ and change with shipping. Should be here in a few days.

Rhody...

·
Registered
867 Posts
Got the Brembo HH sintered pads, hard to believe 4 of these little things will stop a 525 lb bike from ungodly speeds repeatedly without fading or disintegrating.

Screenshot by Lightshot

Rhody...
Did you get the rear pads also? And have you tried them yet?

·
Registered
317 Posts
EBC HAVE EPFA 447'HH' for these caliper

·
Registered
867 Posts
EBC HAVE EPFA 447'HH' for these caliper
Is that for the rear also or just the front? And if it's the front would you know what the rear takes? I would like to buy front and rear at the same time....

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Somefun,

No I didn't get the rear pads, if you call Dan at the link I posted a few posts ago, I am sure he can hook you up, since the rears only supply about 10% of the braking force I am not concerned with them.

Rhody...

·
Registered
317 Posts
Is that for the rear also or just the front? And if it's the front would you know what the rear takes? I would like to buy front and rear at the same time....
EBC do not have EPFA compound for the rear brake

for the track use, they have the GPFAX compound for the front

1 - 20 of 46 Posts