Ninja H2 banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Flashed sure but I think this is the first race I've seen where the H2 rider isn't at least 235lbs.
The H2 left the R1M sitting still.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Flashed sure but I think this is the first race I've seen where the H2 rider isn't at least 235lbs.
The H2 left the R1M sitting still.
it was nice too see the H2 with reversed conditions to every other racevideo out there, H2 flashed and modded with a small rider, the other bike stock with a big rider...

·
Registered
173 Posts
Me and my friend have swap bike last week end (H2 vs new R1) and I can tell that I love even more my H2 now. I have ride the R1 on a twisty road and here is what come to my mind that I can tell about the R1.

The bike is more compact, front end is shorter and the seat is higher then the H2.

The H2 is more confortable then the R1

The R1 is lighter and is more nimble but at the same time the H2 feel more stable (planted) then the R1. I had to correct more often my line in the turn on the R1 then on the H2.

I didn't test the brake to there limit but the H2 brake are more powerfull.

About the engine well the R1 is really torquey, powerful and linear but compare to the H2 it is slow and even if the R1 have a nice and original sound I like the H2 better as you can hear the sound of the supercharged mechanism over the exhaust.

It is the feeling when you go WOT on the H2 that make it so spécial and make me really love this bike. The power is there right away. Nothing come close to it.

Understand that I have ride the R1 for about 30 min so this is only my first impression about the R1.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Considering the R1M is 439 lbs, that race is really interesting w/ ib at 235, weights of both bike & jockey where probably about the same.

The R1M is my second favorite bike on the road. Think they did a great job, the only let down IMO is the power. RW -164.4hp @ 12.2k/73.6 ft/lbs @ 8700.
The electronics package is the best out there. Would have been cool to have the H2s wheels in magnesium. Not sure that would have worked w/ their shape pls single sided. The H2s rear wheel is pretty killer looking especially for stock. The R1M snagged 1st in MOTORCYCLISTS Sept 2015 issue vs. the 15S1000RR (184hp-80.7 ft/lbs), 1299 Panigale (177/93) Aprilia RSV4 RF (175/76) NINJA ZX-10R (160.9/74) If I was looking for a track liter bike Id go w/ the R1M. Or wait for the new 10R I'm sure it's going to be all new & sick.

Maybe it's trying to tempt me to add it to the collection. When I picked up my H2 in West Virginia look what was sitting next to my bike, an R1:

Yesterday I was at my local dealer, snapped these of their R1M :

·
Registered
587 Posts
Considering the R1M is 439 lbs, that race is really interesting w/ ib at 235, weights of both bike & jockey where probably about the same.

The R1M is my second favorite bike on the road. Think they did a great job, the only let down IMO is the power. RW -164.4hp @ 12.2k/73.6 ft/lbs @ 8700.
The electronics package is the best out there. Would have been cool to have the H2s wheels in magnesium. Not sure that would have worked w/ their shape pls single sided. The H2s rear wheel is pretty killer looking especially for stock. The R1M snagged 1st in MOTORCYCLISTS Sept 2015 issue vs. the 15S1000RR (184hp-80.7 ft/lbs), 1299 Panigale (177/93) Aprilia RSV4 RF (175/76) NINJA ZX-10R (160.9/74) If I was looking for a track liter bike Id go w/ the R1M. Or wait for the new 10R I'm sure it's going to be all new & sick.

Maybe it's trying to tempt me to add it to the collection. When I picked up my H2 in West Virginia look what was sitting next to my bike, an R1:

Yesterday I was at my local dealer, snapped these of their R1M :

Someone Who is selling a 15 r1 not a m though.. I don't need another bike but said I'd take it off his hands. We agreed on price but now he placed a new add to get another 1k over what we agreed on lol I wish him luck and he will most likely get extra money since the deal we came up with was very good in my favor. Even with extra 1k it still good deal. I just don't like how the r1 doesn't have mechatronic damper like my 10 or the r1m so in other word it isn't nearly as advanced.. Only the m has one like h2 and zx10 .. I could replace with aftermarket Ohlins but it won't be electric only adjustable.. Not impressed. R1m can get sweet one if course but the extra cost for that bike isn't worth it. Plus the upper costs 5time what the regular r1 does..... I'll keep you guys posted if I get it. I just wasn't crazy about having to remember to make adjustments to damper (aftermarket, as stock makes rudamentory electronic adjustments, but not aftermarket.. i have heard stock damper is useless

Edit... That 164 number is pre flash. It'll pump out a few less than bmw once flashed.. 180ish the 10r is a tad more restricted than new r1 so that 160 goes to the same 180ish they're close. I know they put out more powah thann the 1299

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
This isn't new. MCN (UK weekly motorcycle newspaper) tested the H2, the Hayabusa and the new R1 back in May. this is what they had to say:

"..... The R1 and Busa are quick, each hitting their speed limiter with plenty in reserve, but the H2 gets there much faster. From a standing start the H2 will reach its terminal speed almost half-a-mile before the Hayabusa, and cuts the Yamaha’s 0-180 terminal figures in half. The H2 will reach 184mph from a standing start in just 900 metres. That’s extraordinary. At over 100mph it takes just a fraction over a second to add each 10mph until it hits the limiter; half the time the Hayabusa needs to reach a near-identical top speed. The R1 is surprisingly close to both up to 150mph, and loses nothing to the others in stability on Germany’s super-smooth autobahn, but can’t compete during that last 30mph."

It wasn't all roses for the H2 though, it does lose out to the other bikes in some respects. Read the article here:
FASTEST TEST EVER: Kawasaki H2 v Suzuki Hayabusa v Yamaha YZF-R1 | MCN

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
This isn't new. MCN (UK weekly motorcycle newspaper) tested the H2, the Hayabusa and the new R1 back in May. this is what they had to say:

"..... The R1 and Busa are quick, each hitting their speed limiter with plenty in reserve, but the H2 gets there much faster. From a standing start the H2 will reach its terminal speed almost half-a-mile before the Hayabusa, and cuts the Yamaha’s 0-180 terminal figures in half. The H2 will reach 184mph from a standing start in just 900 metres. That’s extraordinary. At over 100mph it takes just a fraction over a second to add each 10mph until it hits the limiter; half the time the Hayabusa needs to reach a near-identical top speed. The R1 is surprisingly close to both up to 150mph, and loses nothing to the others in stability on Germany’s super-smooth autobahn, but can’t compete during that last 30mph."

It wasn't all roses for the H2 though, it does lose out to the other bikes in some respects. Read the article here:
FASTEST TEST EVER: Kawasaki H2 v Suzuki Hayabusa v Yamaha YZF-R1 | MCN

I think they did a great job w/ the R1 & R1M but I wouldn't trade my H2 for an R1 + an R1M + a Busa all together.

I know a lot of people will say they'll never sell a bike. One of my current bikes I own 22 years, another 11 years. I see the H2 as another keeper for the long term. I may add a bike down the road but intend to hold onto my H2.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts