Ninja H2 banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally summed up the courage (and bank balance) to order the full Akrapovic system for my H2

I know there are other options put there but the local law enforcement people are rather 'fussy' about noisy pipes and I needed to keep the volume down a bit ! I also want to use the bike in LSR events in the UK where noise limits come into play and the 'open' full systems just won't cut it.

Will update when the pipe arrives and is fitted - watch this space ................

·
Registered
891 Posts
You’ll love this pipe, I have it on my bike and it’s great, really quite. Guys that I ride with tell me that they don’t hear me coming or going by, and note I don’t have the quite db baffle insert installed, it’s not needed.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Finally summed up the courage (and bank balance) to order the full Akrapovic system for my H2

I know there are other options put there but the local law enforcement people are rather 'fussy' about noisy pipes and I needed to keep the volume down a bit ! I also want to use the bike in LSR events in the UK where noise limits come into play and the 'open' full systems just won't cut it.

Will update when the pipe arrives and is fitted - watch this space ................
That's awesome mate let us know how it goes!
Cheers
Jeffro ;)

·
Registered
1,311 Posts

Great choice Owen, be sure to post the noise and bhp figures when you have them. I may have to follow suit.

Did you see that Jack Frost has gone down the Vandemon route? We might see that bike at Elvington this year.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Great choice Owen, be sure to post the noise and bhp figures when you have them. I may have to follow suit.

Did you see that Jack Frost has gone down the Vandemon route? We might see that bike at Elvington this year.
Bob, certainly - it may end up on the dyno at GT later in the summer for fine tuning .....

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Fitted today - went on fine with no problems. Sounds good, louder than stock but (with the baffle in) it's not too offensive. Despite the system being for race use, Akrapovic use an anti tamper bolt to hold the baffle in place and also tack weld it in just to make it that bit harder to pull the baffle - but we got it sorted ..........

Decent weight saving over the standard system even though I already had the Akrapovic slip on fitted.

Not ridden it yet - it's been raining all day here.

I'll get some photos in the next few days and post the up here.

One thing I did resolve today was whether it is possible to use the Akrapovic headers with the Akrapovic slip on silencer - the answer is a simple 'no' - the pipe on the Akrapovic headers is about 10mm bigger bore that the inlet on the slip on header. Good news as it means the full system should flow much more exhaust gas than the standard system with the slip on pipe.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I measured the full Akrapovic system noise level today. As recommended, half a metre away at forty five degrees and 4,000rpm. It was 98.7dB with the baffle out.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I measured the full Akrapovic system noise level today. As recommended, half a metre away at forty five degrees and 4,000rpm. It was 98.7dB with the baffle out.
So that should be well within Elvington noise limits then ?

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
My 221.414 mph standing start mile at Elvington on 18th August was with the Akrapovic Evo system.

With the baffle out the noise test was 98 dB at 4,000 rpm. With the baffle in for road use it causes no problems.

Attachments

·
Registered
113 Posts
Congrats again on the stunning purchase. Any dyno numbers. I’m debating between this and the vondemon exhaust
Initially I thought the Vandemon a little too loud but now I'm used to it,it's not too bad at all and sounds wonderful on the over run.
Pity it's too loud for competition though.
Dynoed at 290 with the full system,obviously with a flash,filter and tune.
No idea of the difference to the akra horsepower wise.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Unless i,m mistaken, the dyno chart above is with a full Akra

Rob

Yes, correct Rob, full Akra system, Sprint filter, Flash, PCV and map.

No SC gear up (like I’d need that!)

Bang on 250bhp and frankly more than I could use on public roads...

Open the taps & it destroyed tyres.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 33 Posts