Ninja H2 banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Contacted PC today and inquired about PCV w/auto tune for H2, here is my inquiry and their response:

Me: Will you guys be providing a PCV and possibly Auto Tune module for the 2015 Kawasaki Ninja H2? I would very much like to change the exhaust but I'm concerned about maintaining proper A/F ratio since this is a supercharged application. Thanks for your consideration.
Scott

PC: part #17-062 should be released this week. You can use AT-200 with any PCV so it will work fine for you. If you have any other questions please let us know. Thanks.
Dustin Schaller
Senior Product Manager :D:D:D:D

http://www.powercommander.com/power...7-062&fullstr=17-062&prod-type=Powercommander V&notes=

Reactions: Greenguy

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We don't need a power commander if we get the ECU flashed. I don't use a Power Commander on my HP4 with BrenTuning ECU flash and it's GREAT!

Unless Guhl or whomever is flashing the ECU, has your bike they can't tune it specifically for your application. Once Guhl has an H2 and tunes it he will have fuel maps and such that will work for your H2, IF it is configured the same. If not even Guhl recommends tuning. Typically he just removes restrictions and does not change fuel maps when you send him your ECU to be flashed, unless he tuned a similar configured bike and has the fuels tables or you send him fuel tables from a PCV or similar device.
The nice thing about the PCV you can tune locally or use an Auto Tune and then send the maps to Guhl and he can make those change within the ECU.
Myself I want Guhl to remove the restrictions but I want to be able to tune the bike with my custom exhaust and then be able to put everything back to stock (some day). I can more easily do this with a PCV so I won't have to send the ECU back to Guhl. That's the option that the PCV has to offer.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I want the restrictions removed too, obviously the speed limiter but particularly those in the throttle map which closes down at higher rpm. I will probably keep the exhaust to the UK standard, which is the Akrapovic slip-on, I assume it's little different from the stock can performance-wise.

Personally I find this development phase quite exciting.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.