Ninja H2 banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know many of you on this site obviously have very high incomes and buying an H2 was relatively easy for some , but here is a strange sort of bragging but hopefully will show you how badly I wanted this bike .
I have just received an inland revenue letter (tax letter for USA readers ) showing my earnings for 2014 / 2015 and it shows my take home pay was within £50 of what I paid for my H2 , can't be many people willing to spend an entire years wages on a bike ?

Do I regret it ? Owning this bike has genuinely made my year .

·
Registered
438 Posts
I'm pretty much in the same situation. I am struggling to get the upgrades, while making the loan payments.
But it's still worth it!

·
Registered
77 Posts
I know many of you on this site obviously have very high incomes and buying an H2 was relatively easy for some , but here is a strange sort of bragging but hopefully will show you how badly I wanted this bike .
I have just received an inland revenue letter (tax letter for USA readers ) showing my earnings for 2014 / 2015 and it shows my take home pay was within £50 of what I paid for my H2 , can't be many people willing to spend an entire years wages on a bike ?

Spoken Like a true biker welcome, and happy riding.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Spoken Like a true biker welcome, and happy riding.
Thank you .
I'm over fifty and still use a motorcycle every day , I have never put in for my driving test as it has never interested me after being hooked on bikes after my first FS1E ride at sixteen years old .
The habit of blowing all my money on bikes started early with a Yamaha 250 LC and then a standard Honda CBX , my dad walked into the sellers garage took one look at the engine sticking out each side of the frame and said " you're not having that ! " sat back in his pick up truck and refused to bring it home , my then girlfriend sitting in the cab started crying as my dad and i argued the whole drive home . Obviously I brought it the very next day and with a friend tried to unload it at home but it was so heavy I had to ask my dad to help ( he knew he had lost this battle and helped us unload it ).

When I then brought my CBX Turbo it was for sale at £3,500 ( that was a lot for a CBX in c 1986 ) I emptied my bank account of £3,160.00 and took the money and my bank book showing a balance of £ 0.00 to prove it really was a "take it or leave it offer" , he took it and I had to owe my mate money to get it home as I was genuinely skint .

The H2 has been a breath of fresh air in motorcycle design after years of race replica sports bikes that I had lost interest in ,at least in the 70s and 80s we had twins, triples , fours and sixes and a choice of two or four strokes and all in a multitude of different engine configurations , yes the H2 is another inline four but just like the X was the secret ingredient in Honda's dull CB range the Supercharger is now ingredient X for Kawasaki.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I never thought about H2 owners in terms of rich or poor and their ability to afford the bike.

I think of it as the equivalent in cost terms of a mid-range car. Something millions of us own and see as affordable.

A simple matter of choice.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I never thought about H2 owners in terms of rich or poor and their ability to afford the bike.

I think of it as the equivalent in cost terms of a mid-range car. Something millions of us own and see as affordable.

A simple matter of choice.
That's true Bob but the difference is for most working people a reliable car is a necessity rather than a luxury whereas a Supercharged 1000 cc silver coated ,200 BHP rocket ship is fairly impractical for your weekly shop as its tail storage capacity is very limited after you have stashed away a full packet of chewing gum.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
That's true Bob but the difference is for most working people a reliable car is a necessity rather than a luxury whereas a Supercharged 1000 cc silver coated ,200 BHP rocket ship is fairly impractical for your weekly shop as its tail storage capacity is very limited after you have stashed away a full packet of chewing gum.
I find my Porsche a bit small sometimes. So I borrow my wife's car. :)

(only kidding)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thank you .
I'm over fifty and still use a motorcycle every day , I have never put in for my driving test as it has never interested me after being hooked on bikes after my first FS1E ride at sixteen years old .
The habit of blowing all my money on bikes started early with a Yamaha 250 LC and then a standard Honda CBX , my dad walked into the sellers garage took one look at the engine sticking out each side of the frame and said " you're not having that ! " sat back in his pick up truck and refused to bring it home , my then girlfriend sitting in the cab started crying as my dad and i argued the whole drive home . Obviously I brought it the very next day and with a friend tried to unload it at home but it was so heavy I had to ask my dad to help ( he knew he had lost this battle and helped us unload it ).

When I then brought my CBX Turbo it was for sale at £3,500 ( that was a lot for a CBX in c 1986 ) I emptied my bank account of £3,160.00 and took the money and my bank book showing a balance of £ 0.00 to prove it really was a "take it or leave it offer" , he took it and I had to owe my mate money to get it home as I was genuinely skint .

The H2 has been a breath of fresh air in motorcycle design after years of race replica sports bikes that I had lost interest in ,at least in the 70s and 80s we had twins, triples , fours and sixes and a choice of two or four strokes and all in a multitude of different engine configurations , yes the H2 is another inline four but just like the X was the secret ingredient in Honda's dull CB range the Supercharger is now ingredient X for Kawasaki.
I like the way you think, you only live once.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Today is the first day since August 7th last year that my immediate thought on waking up hasn't been the digestion of pain killers.

Would I do 2015 all over again, DEFINITELY. Its incredible to think that the gpz00r that started it all for me had 115bhp , this bike has double that power. Though not a years wages 22k was strangely what I had, £250 for the private plate was put on a credit card. Last time I Holidayed abroad was 2007 , Kwick Kawas are a way of life .

·
Banned
546 Posts

You sir, are a man after my own heart.

If I had to live at the Y so I could afford the H2, I'd do it. I'm not even remotely exaggerating. There was a time many, many years ago I lived in my Jeep and kept my bike in an attached trailer. I could've sold the bike and paid rent with that money for two years probably but I didn't. I still have that bike.

I look at it this way; all the awesome stuff you've done in your life - do you recall what your bank balance was during any of those moments? I don't. What I DO recall are the good times I had. So F the cash, if it looks like it's going to form a lasting, positive memory and I can swing it (even if it's by the skin of my teeth) I'm in.

·
Registered
267 Posts
My last 4 bikes have all been subject to finance,including the H2.
I own my car and my ZX-10R and live on a week to week basis financially.
If I came under severe financial pressure I would sell everything else to keep the H2.

·
Registered
787 Posts
230 BHP in the UK. I've seen proof. ...13 less than 3 litre flat 6 vtec heads by Porsche scooby makes that I drive which cost me a twelfth of what H2 cost.

All the addition parts on the supercharger are peripheral so should be upgrade able. This area is what chokes the bike , expect to see a bell mouth the size of a bucket sticking out the side pre staging the flow on 500 +bhp drag bikes in the future.

Remember smaller venturi = faster airflow = more torque.

·
Registered
77 Posts

I must say this has been one of the best posts to-date. As is the writer, most of us come from humble beginnings, some have had good fortune on the way and some not. Whatever your personal circumstances are, one thing for sure is the "H2" has triumphed and left us feeling good when riding it, looking at it or just talking about it.. All men/women are born equal and then life happens, but be sure that the H2 equalises all men/women when you own one ;)

·
Registered
77 Posts
You sir, are a man after my own heart.

If I had to live at the Y so I could afford the H2, I'd do it. I'm not even remotely exaggerating. There was a time many, many years ago I lived in my Jeep and kept my bike in an attached trailer. I could've sold the bike and paid rent with that money for two years probably but I didn't. I still have that bike.

I look at it this way; all the awesome stuff you've done in your life - do you recall what your bank balance was during any of those moments? I don't. What I DO recall are the good times I had. So F the cash, if it looks like it's going to form a lasting, positive memory and I can swing it (even if it's by the skin of my teeth) I'm in.
Hi Cliff I agree with you. live life to the fullest with no regrets, live life like there is no tomorrow, cash is paper...(yes we need it, but our purpose is no to revolve around it) our purpose is to create H2 memories are forever:) RIDE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT.. ride safely:)..

1 - 20 of 23 Posts