Ninja H2 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Think you may be right,

Would be 5 years of current form production. They may only change cosmetics like fairing design in 2020 or future iterations.

·
Registered
587 Posts
I wouldnt be surprised if they made some changes.

·
Registered
69 Posts
not likely, they just updated in 2019, I'd say give them about 2-3 years before we see major changes. It's a low volume bike anyway and no competitors on market at the moment.

·
Registered
406 Posts
It would be good marketing wise to stop production and wait and see approach. The H2 was only a marketing effort and not an economical machine to make. Let the others catch up then crush them again as a reminder of the technological ability of KHI, this will be cheap brand awareness like the H2 provided. That's my thoughts but who knows what some out of touch executive has in mind?

·
Super Moderator
699 Posts
Actually 2020 would be the sixth model year.

Six years is a good run. They've done well by making changes along the way. I think the H2 in its original form did better than Kawasaki expected, although I'm not so sure the H2SX did.

The ZX14 is ending production after 2020 (and so is the Hayabusa), so they ought to do something to address that market segment ... Probably that also means the end of the Concours 14 (a great bike, by the way) and that's another segment to fill. I suppose the H2SX kindasorta fits part of the ZX14 sport-touring and part of the Concours market, but lots of the touring riders don't want shaft drive and do want more luggage capacity.

Kawasaki is a big company. I'm sure they have something in the works.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Other models like the ZX14/ZZR1400 are being discontinued mainly because of Euro 5 emissions regulations. This was the reason for death of the Hayabusa.

The H2 complies with current legislation and its influence has trickled down the Kawasaki model line up. So far the motor has remained in its 1,000cc format but we have four models, the H2R, H2, H2 SX and the 2020 Z H2 There have been strong hints ever since 2015 that the technology will be used in smaller engines. The Sugomi styling is used throughout the Kawasaki range. While the H2 complies with reg's why would they do anything other than introduce updates and improvements? If it ain't broke don't fix it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts