Ninja H2 banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I know many of us ordered pitbull stands for the 2019 models only to find that the pins from the previous years do not fit. Pitbull mailed out a new pin but for some reason, it doesn't seem right. It's half the length of the previous model. When inserted from the left, it appears to barely pass the sprocket. I raised it once and it seemed WAY to sketchy. Am I the only one who thinks this is odd?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
I have a longer one on my pitbull.Came with it I'm pretty sure.Maybe contact em and tell em what's up.They'll send ya a longer pin.Since the fitment is the same.You did order this stand for the H2,right?I mean,specifically.Don't know if that would make a difference...?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did order specifically for the H2 but I ordered the 2018 since at the time was the most up to date version available. When I told them the pin Didnt fit, they offered to send me the correct size pin once they were fabricated. The new pin they sent just doesn't seem right. I'll call them tomorrow. Maybe there was a error. I was curious to see if anyone else has gotten the same pin.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi, I have a Kawasaki rear paddock stand, which I had for my 2017 H2. I had a local machine shop turn down the pin down to fit the new smaller internal dimension of the rear axle on my 2019. Paid £10 cash for the work.

Had to leave a short section (2mm) of the original pin to sit against the bearing on the paddock stand. Worked out to be the perfect length, as there is know what looks like a split pin at the end of the axle and the turned down pin falls short of this by a couple of mms.
I'm guessing that the new H2 shares the same spindle as the H2SX

·
Registered
625 Posts
Hi, I have a Kawasaki rear paddock stand, which I had for my 2017 H2. I had a local machine shop turn down the pin down to fit the new smaller internal dimension of the rear axle on my 2019. Paid £10 cash for the work.

Had to leave a short section (2mm) of the original pin to sit against the bearing on the paddock stand. Worked out to be the perfect length, as there is know what looks like a split pin at the end of the axle and the turned down pin falls short of this by a couple of mms.
I'm guessing that the new H2 shares the same spindle as the H2SX

I did the same thing, had the 2016 spindle/pin machined down, my dealer got it done FOC.
The Kawasaki front & rear stands are outstanding, I assume there will be a new figment for 2019 H2 & SX available shortly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
"The new pin they sent just doesn't seem right"...maybe.I think for bike security it needs probably to be longer.Mine is anyway.I remember them saying something about fabbing the 'new' pins.I don't remember if I got one or not.I think this one I have came with it at the time.Pretty sure.They may have gotten the pins mixed up with yours,IDK.Course,the shorter one should actually work fine as long as the bike isn't leaning at all on the stand.My first stand(moto something)had a slight angle to it downward.Not a lot,but enough to cause the bike to start sliding off when I oiled my chain and such.No way was I gonna use that.My pitbull is most excellent!;)

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
"The new pin they sent just doesn't seem right"...maybe.I think for bike security it needs probably to be longer.Mine is anyway.I remember them saying something about fabbing the 'new' pins.I don't remember if I got one or not.I think this one I have came with it at the time.Pretty sure.They may have gotten the pins mixed up with yours,IDK.Course,the shorter one should actually work fine as long as the bike isn't leaning at all on the stand.My first stand(moto something)had a slight angle to it downward.Not a lot,but enough to cause the bike to start sliding off when I oiled my chain and such.No way was I gonna use that.My pitbull is most excellent!;)
I was able to contact pitbull today. The brief answer that I received (and understood) by Michelle was that the older pin was longer because the diameter of the axel on the older models was not the same all the way through. It had to be longer to give it more support. But this is not the case with the newer model because the axle diameter is uniform all the way through. I took a photo and marked it to apx where the 3" stops. It hasn't even entered the wheel yet. It does not feel sturdy at all. I hope that I am wrong and just over worrying about this. Someone else is supposed to be contacting me to either give me a better explanation or maybe take some suggestions... I dunno. I am happy that they are willing to follow-up and not giving customers the cold shoulder. Excellent service.

Attachments

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How long is the pin they sent you? Mine has an HX stamped on top. Not sure if that means anything.

·
Registered
625 Posts
I was able to contact pitbull today. The brief answer that I received (and understood) by Michelle was that the older pin was longer because the diameter of the axel on the older models was not the same all the way through. It had to be longer to give it more support. But this is not the case with the newer model because the axle diameter is uniform all the way through. I took a photo and marked it to apx where the 3" stops. It hasn't even entered the wheel yet. It does not feel sturdy at all. I hope that I am wrong and just over worrying about this. Someone else is supposed to be contacting me to either give me a better explanation or maybe take some suggestions... I dunno. I am happy that they are willing to follow-up and not giving customers the cold shoulder. Excellent service.

It only goes to where you marked it on the picture? That’s terrible, no way would I accept that.
The Kawasaki version we can buy in UK/Europe goes right through and sits flush with the far side of the wheel where the axle ends.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Well shiite!Tell em ta send ya the older pin.Mine works GREAT!It's plenty enough to hold the rear up safely."axel diameter on the older models not the same all the way through".Okay...just went out and slid the stand into the other side.It IS a slightly bit more open.But yer not puttin it IN that side.Not that it would matter I don't think?Maybe with the pipe on there,yeah.The main force is at the pin stop.That area and farther in fit fine.I use mine with the handle to the rear.Inserted into the chain side.

This is the one that came with it...11 3/4 total length.2 3/4 of that taken up by the pin housing.When my bike is up on the stand,I CAN wiggle it gently from side to side...Now I see why.BUT...that is a ZERO problem cause I'm not moving bike from side to side or anything.It's not like it's gonna fall over.The surface is on the inside top surface of the axle.So it's sitting correctly.I'm VERY careful when working with it on the stand ANYWAY.It aint gonna fall,'less I push it over.I do watch it when I spin the wheel however to lube and clean the sprocket and chain.It has been known to creep slightly.But it aint gonna slide off there or anything.They ned to send you the original pin for that stand.Regardless of 'why' they say they shouldn't.You're the customer.You already paid for it.I wouldn't accept that short one either.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
"When I told them the pin Didnt fit, they offered to send me the correct size pin once they were fabricated. The new pin they sent just doesn't seem right"..well,I'm a bit confused now.What's the one that came with it look like?Is it different than this new one they sent?How many **** pins do they make for the H2?Sheesh.

OMG.I just checked out their site.They've completely changed the usage for this thing.lol.My handle goes to the rear.Pin going in the sprocket side.WOW.Okay...You need that longer pin for one thing.one at least 11 inches....surely they have some of those still...

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
George from Pitbull called me this morning with a very solid explanation as to why the oin only needs to be 3.25" long. With the older H2 models, the pin had to be longer because the diameter of the axels were not consistent. It needed to be longer to give it support.

He also made a good point. All the weight is being lifted by the swing arm so the wheel can be easily removed. It supports the entire weight of the bike to safely accomplish that. The pin could be longer but the extra length would provide little benefit.

George was extremely nice and mentioned that the guy designing these pins was a NASA engineer. Sending **** into space seems much harder than creating a bike stand lol. I'll roll with it.

I'm going to practice using it over the weekend and see how it feels. He said to call him back if there were any issues.

·
Registered
142 Posts
The pitbull stand for my 15 sucks... its the one sided one but i can easily rock back and forth on it and it will keep swaying a few secs after let go when up.. also tilted to the right about 5° or more as the pin and setup cant handle the weight right. It sags to the opposite side while fully engaged ready to jiggle and sway lol. Brand newish stand just for that bike. Id go with kawasaki if they have one now for it. Big beefy 2" pitbull stand is a joke.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
"length would provide little benefit"...lol.Tell ya this...if somehow the bike started slidin off that short pin.And fell.I'd be REALLY upset!I turn the wheel when lubing and such.No way would I trust that shorter one...jus sayin.

@Ryan..I have the same one.It's not tilted to the right at all with the bike up on it.It will if I push it firmly go back and forth.I just don't push on it!lol.The wheels aren't coming off the ground,so no problem.I musta got a gooden.Works great and is very sturdy.

·
Registered
142 Posts
"length would provide little benefit"...lol.Tell ya this...if somehow the bike started slidin off that short pin.And fell.I'd be REALLY upset!I turn the wheel when lubing and such.No way would I trust that shorter one...jus sayin.

@Ryan..I have the same one.It's not tilted to the right at all with the bike up on it.It will if I push it firmly go back and forth.I just don't push on it!lol.The wheels aren't coming off the ground,so no problem.I musta got a gooden.Works great and is very sturdy.
lol its not bad but i wouldnt consider mine sturdy. You must have got a midweek build🤣. Just like cars dont buy one on built on monday or friday, No one wants to be there monday and everyones rushin to get out for the weekend friday 😁

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
I mean,yeah,if I purposely push to the side or something,it moves.But It's solid enough sitting there.It doesn't try to move off the pin though.Only if i turn the wheel without stopping for a bunch or turns...which I don't do.And then it isn't like it's gonna slide off.It'll move about a 1/4 of and inch or so.I always watch it when turning the wheel.Strange to me that the axle would have a varying diameter in it.Never heard of that before.

·
Registered
61 Posts
They sent me a short pin too. Haven't had a chance to try it yet. When I do I'll insert from the chain side of the swingarm.

I think I'd feel more comfortable with a longer pin with a hole in the end of it for a support on the unsupported side of the pin. Might be able to use a triangle stand like on a MX dirt bike. Or something similar.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I'm seeing an added note on PB's website instructing not to sit on the bike while on the stand.....No bueno

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
I think that's an overall wise decision with any single sided stand.Are you kinda sayin they don't want any slide off problems with that pin?I don't think I've ever sat on mine with that stand.I also have the Heindle center pivot stand.I've sat on the bike with that one.It's sweet.Great for front and back simultaneous work.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I used the short pin with the stand a few times over the weekend. It still feels odd but the pin does hold it. Wobbles a bit if you rock it but it doesn't seem as though it will fall. Just not as stable as I expected. I've had it sitting on the stand for over 24 hours and it seems fine.

When I ordered the stand from Revzilla, it was for a 2018 H2. The pin is much longer but its to thick to slide through the axel. I also believe it may be too long as well.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts